Question Microphone cutting out after installing new GPU

Bobberz

Honorable
Oct 30, 2016
My Microphone & Headset (Headset connected to the microphone) keep cutting out since installing my new GPU.
Have had no issues with my Microphone before only since installing my new graphics card. Not sure what to do since it keeps happening, sometimes can bypass it by changing ports/re-installing driver but not always. Need a fix

Tried uninstalling the Nvidia audio driver this has also done nothing. As well as changing ports on the microphone.
PC Spec:
Microphone: Rode NT USB
ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080
ROG Strix B550-A Gaming Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
16GB

Bobberz

Honorable
Oct 30, 2016
Have updated BIOS which temporarily fixed the issue. Then had it cutting out again.

When I was in the sound settings while it was happening it seemed to be constantly switching the input & output device. Probably due to the microphone cutting out/not detecting.

It seems very strange, as soon as I load the YouTube home page it starts cutting out again, or after I finish playing a game. It starts cutting out for the next one.
Which is a constant. I load Youtube & it starts cutting in and out. Please help

Update: Doing this also while discord is open. It does not seem to like any program that uses audio I assume?

Update: Found another thread recommending to uninstall all nvidia drivers with DDU. Then re-install Audio drivers & install Nvidia drivers without the nvidia audio driver, have done this but still not working.

Last edited:

PsychoPsyops

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
Go into Device Manager, find the device, right-click it for it's properties, go under power management tab and make sure "turn this device off to save power" is unchecked.
Also, go into your windows power settings, then the advanced power settings, and make sure "selective usb suspend" is unchecked as well.