Question Microphone Detected, But Not Working on Windows 10

Jan 24, 2020
Hi everyone! For the longest time I've been meaning to get a good microphone to make YouTube videos. I finally got a Boya BY-M1, but I've been having a lot of problems setting it up. So when I connect the microphone to the front panel of my desktop PC (the mic uses a 3.5mm jack connection) nothing happens. It doesn't work and when I go to sound, it says " not plugged in" under recording/microphone. When I connect the microphone to the back of the PC, it's detected but when I test the microphone it doesn't record anything. Also, when I hook up earphones or headphones to the front of the PC they also don't work, but the do work from the back. More details that could be useful include the fact that both the microphone and computer are brand new, so I assume it's not a hardware problem. I tried updating the drivers from the motherboard's official site (I have a A320M PRO-M2 V2 from MSI) , from Windows 10, from Driver Booster and Driver Easy and nothing really happens. I also restarted a bunch of times, just in case but this is driving me insane. I did some troubleshooting from Windows 10 and nothing. So if anyone could help me out, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Jan 24, 2020
Is windows showing something like "you have just plugged in" with some options?
When I connect it via the front panel I get nothing. When I connect it to the back, I get a a window opens asking me what I plugged in (the window is from an MSI program). I choose Mic in and I get options for microphone effects and the quality. I can also choose the record volume and it's not muted.

Abhinav2005

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020
When I connect it via the front panel I get nothing. When I connect it to the back, I get a a window opens asking me what I plugged in (the window is from an MSI program). I choose Mic in and I get options for microphone effects and the quality. I can also choose the record volume and it's not muted.
Have you tested your mic in some other PC? Is it working fine there?