Microphone Goes Auto Mute

marc

I have an microphone plugged into the back of the computer. When receiving a
call via telephony software, I have to unmute the microphone via the Volume
Control panel before I speak.

At some point [not sure when] the microphone tab goes back to mute again
after the call is terminated.

Is this normal? Is there a way for it to auto unmute? Or stay unmuted?

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 05:49:14 -0700, Marc wrote:

> I have an microphone plugged into the back of the computer. When receiving a
> call via telephony software, I have to unmute the microphone via the Volume
> Control panel before I speak.
>
> At some point [not sure when] the microphone tab goes back to mute again
> after the call is terminated.
>
> Is this normal? Is there a way for it to auto unmute? Or stay unmuted?

Since the behavior of the microphone is so closely linked to what's going
on with the telephony software, it's very likely you will find settings for
mic behavior in that program. If unable to find a menu setting, check the
program's help files or online documentation for more info.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User