Microphone Ground Loop Feedback

ashehadeh1

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2012
After years of struggling with microphone buzz, I stumbled across a solution. While listening to my microphone, I touched my Sound Card and the buzzing completely went away. After doing some research, I found out this is what's called a Ground Loop Feedback. I don't have too much experience with electrical issues like this, but I am wondering what's the solution besides grounding my computer with my finger? Also, shouldn't my PC's 3 prong power cord ground the entire system already?

P.S. When I first built my computer I wanted the interior of the case to be black, but it came in silver so I sand it down and spray painted it black, is it possible the paint is preventing my PSU from being grounded properly?

MB: ASUS P8P67-PRO (Rev 3.1)
CPU: i5-2500k (4.5ghz)
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 670
Sound Card: ASUS Xonar DG
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb (4x4gb)
PSU: Antec 620w
SSD: OCZ Agility 3 240gb
HS: Hyper 212+ (Artic Silver 5 thermal compound)
2x120mm mounted on Hyper 212+ (Push/Pull)
1x200mm, 1x120mm ( Intake)
1x200mm, 1x120mm ( out)
Push/Pull Configuration
Mouse: Zowie EC-1A
Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB
Monitor: BenQ XL2410T 120hz (1920x1080)

Lutfij

Titan
It should, but the real question is does the wiring in your household cater to the grounding with a third copper wire running from your power socket to the basement? Provided the case's motherboard tray and internals were all disassembled and reassembled then the residual charge would've dissipated when the case was being assembled. On another note, does the static go away when you touch the case(not the sound card) with bare feet?

Which Antec unit do you have, although you've stated it's 620W?