Feb 17, 2021
Hello,

I have a Neewer NW-800 condenser microphone being used with my pc. It's plugged into phantom power (from the same brand), then into my 3.5 mm mic port on my pc. So basically its mic (xlr to xlr) > phantom power > (xlr to 3.5 mm) pc, incase it was hard to understand. However I have this mic noise/hiss in the background, and as an avid FL Studio user, it's hard to record vocals if there's background noise. Below is a link to a Soundcloud post where it's a test of my mic. You can hear the hiss behind my random vocal chants and whistles. Is there a way to fix this and hopefully get rid of it entirely?

View: https://soundcloud.com/jorxansonthebeat/mic-hiss/s-RzdK0kmzlzL

Feb 17, 2021
Which sound card? If you are using only onboard, it is very commonto have this kind of hiss due to EMI all around the computer case and onboards components are usually not properly shielded. A good soundcard in most cases resolves this.
I do use the onboard mobo jacks. I was thinking of getting a soundcard, but I didn't really know whether it would actually solve it completely. There's no other way that would resolve the problem right? Preferably something that I would spend not that much on.