Microphone is gone when i put 7.1 audio channel in realtek settings.

GrowTFM

Commendable
Aug 8, 2016
99ce0788ca5487b4cb379a764c330cd3.gif

This happens every time it worked on Windows 10 but not on Windows 7 i dunno what's the deal

Solution
Run you mic off a USB adapter, this will bypass the rectal "realteK" software. From there you can control it though windows itself and it will just show as a USB Audio device.

Here is a good example
https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Headphone-Microphone-Aluminum-Compatibility/dp/B00NMXY2MO

Plug your headphones in as well when you want to bypass the Speakers without messing with RealteK.

Now as far as the 7.1 setup goes.. some boards actually have 8 analog inputs for 7.1 "7 channels and a Sub " and 6 for 5.1 " 5 Channels and a sub" but from that Gif you don't seem to have that option. My guess is 7.1 support is digital with toslink if you have a separate 7.1 audio package which has it's own amplifier/decoder.

GrowTFM

Commendable
Aug 8, 2016

No not even sound coming out. Just some weird static noise when i play some music or anything for that matter.

Weird static noise is certainly still an output! But if your rig only has 3 connections i don't see how this is possible - you could use some kind of fuzzy logic or crossovers or something but without the proper outputs - how can you expect it to work?

Also, why do you have it in 7.1 and use a mic? it appears from your image that you do not even have 8 speakers with a sub plugged in - because it wouldn't be possible.

What are you really doing here man? Just set it to stereo and it will work. It doesn't look like you have surround sound - 7.1 requires EIGHT speakers AND a subwoofer - that is 9 speakers. I don't see connections for that on your rig.

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
Run you mic off a USB adapter, this will bypass the rectal "realteK" software. From there you can control it though windows itself and it will just show as a USB Audio device.

Here is a good example
https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Headphone-Microphone-Aluminum-Compatibility/dp/B00NMXY2MO

Plug your headphones in as well when you want to bypass the Speakers without messing with RealteK.

Now as far as the 7.1 setup goes.. some boards actually have 8 analog inputs for 7.1 "7 channels and a Sub " and 6 for 5.1 " 5 Channels and a sub" but from that Gif you don't seem to have that option. My guess is 7.1 support is digital with toslink if you have a separate 7.1 audio package which has it's own amplifier/decoder.

Solution