[SOLVED] Microphone is super quiet, help

Mar 20, 2020
Okay soo perhaps not a Win10 issue specifically but I'm using my headset mic from my HyperX Cloud Alphas and it's currently super quiet.

My other specs are: B450 Tomahawk motherboard, R5 2600x, GTX 1660Ti.

I am using the realtek drivers from the motherboard support section for RS2 and below as they have enchantment options. I've attempted using the ones for RS3 and above but those did not work neither in fixing the issue.

I've tried plugging my headset in the back panel instead of front, I've tried disabling the communication options for audio devices, I've tried upping the bitrate, I have reinstalled Windows twice by now as well, no luck.

I have tried with 2 other mics I had around and they are quiet as well.
I've tried updating, installing through device manager but also no luck.

It was always kind of quiet but now it's about twice as low as it used to be, it was fine through February, and slightly after, I've only noticed the issue recently.

Any kind of help would be very appreciated please, thank you.

Solution
I also have this issue with HyperX Cloud Alpha. Removing the mic from the headset and plugging it directly into the mic port on the PC (front or rear) is the only way I can get sound to register. However, plugging the HyperX Cloud Alpha (fully assembled) into other PCs, it works fine.

AsRock Z77 Pro4-M. Win10.
I also have this issue with HyperX Cloud Alpha. Removing the mic from the headset and plugging it directly into the mic port on the PC (front or rear) is the only way I can get sound to register. However, plugging the HyperX Cloud Alpha (fully assembled) into other PCs, it works fine.

AsRock Z77 Pro4-M. Win10.

Solution