Question Microphone issue. (Not necessarily W10 Related)

Mar 14, 2020
Hello,

To give some information before telling you about the issue will most likely benefit me:

All drivers are up to date.
The headphones/Microphone is working, including the jacksticks.
I have checked the sound settings and troubleshooted for faults, no faults detected, the computer detects that everything is working as it should.
Its not windows 10 update, or other weird things, I have checked every possible button that can mute, or lower the sound, frequences.
Whenever I put the headphones in the sockets my computer indetify that a jackstick have been plugged into the pc, so the sockets in the back for the microphone, can't be damaged.
I also tried the sockets infront and to no avail.

I have had this issue once before, although I am not sure its the same circumstances in which it stopped working. My mic wont record sound, or let me speak to others, window's don't detect any sound also, I can hear buzzing, but I can remove that entirely by not boosting my microphone. The first time I had this issue, I clicked around the realtek options and it worked, Oh right I am using realtek.

This time around, I accidentally somehow disconnected the jacksticks by wheeling my chair out, and the headphones were stuck, and it went on to disconnect, and connect, I then put them back in and I had no sound.

I've tried every solution, and again... The headphones work on a different PC, the pc detects when I plug in devices in the back, my frontal ports are functioning too, but no sound either, so it can't be because I damaged anything.

I saw some forum posts telling the users that unplugging could reset the settings you made, to make it work.
The problem is this time around, I don't have the faintest clue of what I did to fix it the first time, or if I connected any stereo mix, making my speakers pickup sound from my mic, or other way around, I know it was somehwat complicated.

I'm using speakers to listen to music and other things, while also having the mic enabled to speak to people.
I'm so sure its the settings I need to tweak, but I aint got a clue w/t/f to do.

I'm using realtek.
Adding more information:

When my mic worked, people usually wouldn't speak when I spoke because they could hear themselves, that's why I wonder wether I had some stereo setting setup. That's not the problem, people usually don't need to speak when I speak, so them hearing themselves means that they were not supposed to speak, haha. But maybe? its how I can get my mic working again.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2020
Hello,

To give some information before telling you about the issue will most likely benefit me:

All drivers are up to date.
The headphones/Microphone is working, including the jacksticks.
I have checked the sound settings and troubleshooted for faults, no faults detected, the computer detects that everything is working as it should.
Its not windows 10 update, or other weird things, I have checked every possible button that can mute, or lower the sound, frequencies.
Whenever I put the headphones in the sockets my computer identify that a jack stick have been plugged into the pc, so the sockets in the back for the microphone, can't be damaged.
I also tried the sockets in front and to no avail.

I have had this issue once before, although I am not sure its the same circumstances in which it stopped working. My mic wont record sound, or let me speak to others, window's don't detect any sound also, I can hear buzzing, but I can remove that entirely by not boosting my microphone. The first time I had this issue, I clicked around the realtek options and it worked, Oh right I am using realtek.

This time around, I accidentally somehow disconnected the jack sticks by wheeling my chair out, and the headphones were stuck, and it went on to disconnect, and connect, I then put them back in and I had no sound.

I've tried every solution, and again... The headphones work on a different PC, the pc detects when I plug in devices in the back, my frontal ports are functioning too, but no sound either, so it can't be because I damaged anything.

I saw some forum posts telling the users that unplugging could reset the settings you made, to make it work.
The problem is this time around, I don't have the faintest clue of what I did to fix it the first time, or if I connected any stereo mix, making my speakers pickup sound from my mic, or other way around, I know it was somewhat complicated.

I'm using speakers to listen to music and other things, while also having the mic enabled to speak to people.
I'm so sure its the settings I need to tweak, but I aint got a clue what to do.

I'm using realtek.