Microphone makes my voice sound deep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 26, 2018
As well as slow! Enhancements does not do anything, obviously troubleshooting won't detect anything. System restores no longer work. This always seem to happen when I download Resanance, but it never really works correctly so I delete it afterwards. Anyway point is, it is broken as hell right now.

EDIT: When I say deep I mean like Satan.

Solution
Okay. The window that came up on the link said "download" and there was a 3 second .mp3 clip that I was able to listen to via VLC media player.

Seemed to be three words - last being "testing". Somewhat robotic.

I opened the VLC Tools tab and experimented with Adjustments and Effects; Audio Effects in particular.

Compressor changes seemed to have the most effect. Lowered the pitch and reduced the drawl.

Made the voice sound younger and somewhat clearer.

Still in agreement with TJ hooker. Do some additional work with the recording software and reinstall if nothing seems to correct whatever alteration is being imposed. Perhaps some third party audio editor was included in some download. Buggy.

You should be able prove that...

Ralston18

Titan
Not sure that I understand the problem.

Most people, including myself, sound different in different ways when audio is involved via microphones and speakers.

You might be able to do some "work around" by changing microphones and the audio software being used.

You will still sound different to yourself. Ignore and just go on..

Jun 26, 2018

No, its a big difference.

It makes me sound like satan.

Ralston18

Titan
Have never, hopefully, ever spoken with satan. Do not know what he may sound like, Or "she" in all fairness....

All I can reasonable suggest is to post the applicable audio.

If there is some consensus that you sound like satan then we can address viable solutions.

Otherwise, ignore and forget about it.

More pragmatically: get a microphone and/or headphones with drivers that allow you to control Base and Treble. Reconfigure until you determine that you, to yourself, do not sound like satan.

Jun 26, 2018

Heres a clip of my voice with this problem: https://www.speakpipe.com/voice-recorder/msg/ovsb95hfs4dsjoh5

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
If all you're recording is your voice, and you don't mind fixing things after the fact, you could try using some editing software to increase the speed a bit. Will cause your voice to sound higher pitched (and faster obviously).

Or play around with other recording devices or software. Play around with settings in the recording software, try different recording software, borrow a different mic and try that if you can.

Ralston18

Titan
@makeitsimpledude...…

Not going to download that "broken drivers/microphone" link.....

Would listen directly if that becomes possible. Still the overall issue is subjective.

I do not know what satan sounds like. And I doubt that satan would give himself away via his voice.

Just edit per TJ Hooker if you wish.

Otherwise, ignore how you sound to yourself and just move on...

Jun 26, 2018

It isn't a download. And you aren't helping with your sarcasm with noting my description of "satan". Listen to the clip and you'll understand why I describe it as satanic.

Ralston18

Titan
Okay. The window that came up on the link said "download" and there was a 3 second .mp3 clip that I was able to listen to via VLC media player.

Seemed to be three words - last being "testing". Somewhat robotic.

I opened the VLC Tools tab and experimented with Adjustments and Effects; Audio Effects in particular.

Compressor changes seemed to have the most effect. Lowered the pitch and reduced the drawl.

Made the voice sound younger and somewhat clearer.

Still in agreement with TJ hooker. Do some additional work with the recording software and reinstall if nothing seems to correct whatever alteration is being imposed. Perhaps some third party audio editor was included in some download. Buggy.

You should be able prove that source is not a physical problem by testing other audio hardware on your system or testing your audio hardware on other systems.

As for "satanic" I have always been amused, as far back as the Wizard of Oz, ("Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain." etc.) how Hollywood portrays or otherwise gives voices to gods, demons, and evildoers in general.

Would be a dead giveaway if true. :)

Solution
Jun 26, 2018

Well, for now this is all I can do. Will update if I find a different solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts