[SOLVED] Microphone not detected

Mar 17, 2020
Hey guys. I've got an AOC G2460VQ6 monitor using a Display Port to connect it to my Nvidia graphic card. Sound comes into my monitor, but when I plug my headphones into my monitor sound does indeed come in my headphones, but the windows doesn't detect my headphones or my microphone so I can't use the mic. I've uploaded two screenshots, maybe you understand easier what I mean.. Any ideas?

View: https://imgur.com/kJKBWvz

View: https://imgur.com/HQVepwS

Solution
I disabled High Definition Audio Device in device manager because while it was active, it was in a conflict with nvidia audio.
Could you elaborate on the "conflict with nvidia audio"
Coul you post your motherboard model.
Your audio input works from the onboard High Definition Audio Device, so if you disable it, then you won't be able to use audio input like a Mic.
Try updating the High Definition Audio Device drivers and see if that solve your issue.
Hey guys. I've got an AOC G2460VQ6 monitor using a Display Port to connect it to my Nvidia graphic card. Sound comes into my monitor, but when I plug my headphones into my monitor sound does indeed come in my headphones, but the windows doesn't detect my headphones or my microphone so I can't use the mic. I've uploaded two screenshots, maybe you understand easier what I mean.. Any ideas?
Your display has headphone out (3.5mm) jack, it does not have any audio in jacks...that's why the Mic is not detected.
You need to connect your Mic to the computer audio jack.

Which computer do you have?
Have you disabled the onboard audio device?
It should look something like the image below.
You should have both, the onboard audio (Realtek) and the GPU audio (NVIDIA)

o3LoKmH.png

I disabled High Definition Audio Device in device manager because while it was active, it was in a conflict with nvidia audio.
Could you elaborate on the "conflict with nvidia audio"
Coul you post your motherboard model.
Your audio input works from the onboard High Definition Audio Device, so if you disable it, then you won't be able to use audio input like a Mic.
Try updating the High Definition Audio Device drivers and see if that solve your issue.

Solution