Hi there,

My PC's parts are:
Ryzen 5 2600 @ 3.6 GHz
ASUS B450M PLUS TUF
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB DDR4-3000
XFX Radeon RX 580 8 GB GTS XXX
SeaSonic - EVO Edition 620 W 80+ Bronze Fully-Modular
Fractal Design - Meshify C Mini Dark TG MicroATX Mini Tower Case

I just got and built this PC, but the microphone never outputted any sound. I even bought a USB-to-sound card without any drivers, but there's still no sound coming from the microphone.

I tried going into the Sounds control panel, checking any settings, and revising accordingly, but any changes made had no effect on the input. I tried uninstalling the audio drivers and reinstalling them from the motherboard's website, but that had no luck as well. If anyone has any tips or solutions for me to try, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Apr 22, 2019
I've tried several pairs of Beats headphones and the microphones on their cords. I've also tried EarPods, but those didn't work anywhere either. I made sure all of the mics worked on another computer, which they did, before trying. I also purchased a USB-to-sound stick, and the headphone jack works, but the microphone on it doesn't. I haven't tried to test whether the microphone works on another computer, but I'm pretty sure it's not the stick; rather, something else is wrong. I just purchased my motherboard since I just bought my pc, and I was recommended not to update the BIOS; although, I did try installing audio drivers from my motherboard manufacturer's website, like I said.