Microphone on beats no longer work with splitter on new computer (Windows 10)

chris12bova

Commendable
Mar 28, 2016
Hello,

For gaming I'm using a headset consisting of Solo Beats with an adapter/splitter to make it go into both the audio and microphone jacks in my computer. On my old computer this system would work great with the audio and microphone working, this computer had windows 7 at the time. But now i have got a new Dell XPS desktop with Windows 10 on it, however, using the same headset system the audio works but the microphone doesn't. I have searched almost everywhere for a solution and seems like it was never solved so I'm hoping for the best!

Thanks a lot in advance!!!

-Chris

Solution
Could you please pass on the XPS' model number or SKU? It turns out if you're on a Realtek audio chip solution then yeah the issue hasn't been resolved. A couple of work arounds are to go for a new sound card that has proper support on Windows 10 butt aht would mean you incur an expense while the second option would be to reinstall your audio drivers. Though, mind you, this is on the pretense that the motherboard you have in your new system is powered by a Realtek audio chip.

Also make sure there aren't any BIOS and device drivers pending on your system.

Lutfij

Titan
Could you please pass on the XPS' model number or SKU? It turns out if you're on a Realtek audio chip solution then yeah the issue hasn't been resolved. A couple of work arounds are to go for a new sound card that has proper support on Windows 10 butt aht would mean you incur an expense while the second option would be to reinstall your audio drivers. Though, mind you, this is on the pretense that the motherboard you have in your new system is powered by a Realtek audio chip.

Also make sure there aren't any BIOS and device drivers pending on your system.

Solution