Question Microphone playing back all sound

Gooseripper

Commendable
Feb 16, 2021
Hello, when gaming, video calling, or anytime using a microphone my PC plays back all PC sounds through the microphone. So any system sounds, music, games, etc play back through the microphone.

I’ve gone one with windows support 3 times and they haven’t been able to figure out the solution. “Listen to this device” or microphone monitoring are not enabled. That’s usually the common solution. Thanks I’m advance, this is driving me crazy.

Hello, when gaming, video calling, or anytime using a microphone my PC plays back all PC sounds through the microphone. So any system sounds, music, games, etc play back through the microphone.

I’ve gone one with windows support 3 times and they haven’t been able to figure out the solution. “Listen to this device” or microphone monitoring are not enabled. That’s usually the common solution. Thanks I’m advance, this is driving me crazy.
Well for starters tell us about the make and model of the microphone, what type of plug it has and how its plugged into your PC. Is this a stand alone mic or part of a headset? The plug and how its connected is the most important part.

Reactions: Gooseripper

Gooseripper

Commendable
Feb 16, 2021
Well for starters tell us about the make and model of the microphone, what type of plug it has and how its plugged into your PC. Is this a stand alone mic or part of a headset? The plug and how its connected is the most important part.

unfortunately it isn’t limited to a single microphone. The issue happens with a gaming headset, as well as my AirPods Bluetoothed in.

Gooseripper

Commendable
Feb 16, 2021
This is my part list if its a help at all.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rZmfTn

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 3.4 GHz 16-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Storage: Western Digital Blue 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive
Video Card: Asus TUF GAMING OC GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8 GB Video Card
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400A ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair TX650M Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM - DVD 64-bit
Monitor: MSI Optix G27C4 27.0" 1920 x 1080 165 Hz Curved Monitor

Gooseripper

Commendable
Feb 16, 2021
It doesnt look like i have Realtek Audio installed. should this have already been present? i attempted to install and got the error "No driver was supported in this driver package"

sound like you already tried this:
but make sure it was the active device.

try this:
start control panel,
select sound
select recording tab
click on the active microphone and select properties button
this should bring up the microphone properties
select the listen tab
see if the check box for listen to this device is selected
if it is then unselect it and hit ok.

now retest and see if you still have the problem.

if you get the realtek audio driver installed there is a different setting to make:
Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.9238.1 For Windows 11 64-bit.
Version 6.0.9238.183.14 MB
2021/10/26
driver from:
TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI)|Motherboards|ASUS USA

generally microsoft would provide the core driver via windows update but it will not install the interface software unless you run the driver package installer.
you should try to install it. I don't remember what the echo option was but it was something cryptic like echo fp or fsp
something referring to front panel input IE use microphone jack from the front of the machine rather than the one on the back panel input out put in the rear of the machine.

installing the full realtek audio package should put a program app in your startup.
note: your motherboard has
Realtek® ALC S1200A 8-Channel High chip
16 bios updates. installed realtek driver might have to match the bios version.

Last edited:

Gooseripper

Commendable
Feb 16, 2021
Ok, so I went through Asus and got Realtek installed. I'm not sure why it wasn't there to begin with., HOWEVER the problem persists on both microphones.

Listen is definitely turned off

I'm unsure what to try from here