[SOLVED] Microphone problem

May 2, 2022
Hello, I've recenly built a new computer and everything worked fine for some days, but yesterday a problem appeared.
When I connected my headset to the front panel jack the audio was fine, but there was a weird noise going on my microfone, like a buzzing or something like that.
Other people would hear my voice with that buzz, I became scared and then disconnected the front panel audio cable from my motherboard and I left it that way.
Is this buzzing something that I have to be concerned about? Is my pc running into any problem?
Oh and I forgot to say that there's a little bit of thermal paste on one of my cpu pins, but i don't think this is linked to the problem that i've previously presented, because the pc boots fine and apparently nothing's wrong with it (except for the audio problem). It was amd's stock thermal paste.
P.S: the rear ports work fine.

Solution
If the headset works on a donor system and not your case front panel, I think it's safe to say that the front panel audio on your case is the issue, provided you've tried reinstalling your audio drivers.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of the headset/microphone in question? You might want to state the make and model of your chassis as well. If the headset works without any issues on your motherboard's rear I/O ports, have you tried working with a donor system? Perhaps your case's front panel audio ports have kicked the bucket.

Make and model of the motherboard? Might want to include an image of the thermal paste on the CPU pins, though that shouldn't affect front panel connectivity.

May 2, 2022

Make and model of the headset/microphone in question? You might want to state the make and model of your chassis as well. If the headset works without any issues on your motherboard's rear I/O ports, have you tried working with a donor system? Perhaps your case's front panel audio ports have kicked the bucket.

Make and model of the motherboard? Might want to include an image of the thermal paste on the CPU pins, though that shouldn't affect front panel connectivity.
Case: kmex boreas II, headset: onikuma k1-b. Unfortunately I can't sent a picture of the processor because it's already attached to the motherboard, but it isn't a big glob, accidentally i just touched the side of one of the pins with my fingers a little bit dirty with thermal paste. Tried to clean it off but I left a little bit of residue fearing damaging some pins. I don't know what you mean my donor system.

May 2, 2022

Oh, and I just wanna know if that problem indicates that my hardware is failing or something like that, because everything else works fine and I have the rear ports so if it's not harmful to the system I'm going to just leave it the way it is