Question Microphone sound levels issue ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

transmini

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2016
I just built a new computer and am having issues with the loudness of my microphone. I was talking to friends in discord, and they had to adjust my sound level from 100% to 200% to hear me, and even then it was quieter than before I put together the new computer. I went to the levels menu and changed the microphone level to 100, but the boost option is missing entirely.

I tried manually updating the audio driver from the motherboard's website, and this gave me the option to adjust the boost, however the quality got worse and the settings don't appear to do anything. After the update, I was at the same loudness I was at 100% in discord, but still at 200%, so nearly half the volume as before updating the driver. Changing the microphone level and the boost from 0 and +0 dB to 100 and +30 dB in the sounds menu did nothing and voice recordings sounded 100% the same.

The headset is a Logitech Pro something (purchased it a couple years ago and don't quite remember the model) and is plugged into the motherboard's rear headset and mic jacks.

System Specs:
Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wifi D4
CPU: Intel i7-13700k
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Ti
(apologies if something else is needed, will get the info and provide if needed)

Dylan Beckett

Respectable
Jul 12, 2021
Hi

Firstly - have a deep look at all the settings in Discord.

Tell us the full 'exact' model name/number of the headphones if you can find it.

Double check there aren't any little volume buttons on the cable or the headset which you may have never noticed? Turn it up!

Are there any front Mic/Audio ports on your PC Tower?
Try them.

Do the headphones work ok volume wise with other devices (laptop, phone etc) ?

Not knowing more - I'd suggest you call the Mobo phone support and ask them.

Also, another option (to try if all else fails) might be to get an Audio Interface... you can get them cheap second hand.

BTW it's possible the mic just has a weak level?

Maybe borrow a mates headset and try it on your PC and see how that goes in a one to one comparison?

Let us know what happens...

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.