[SOLVED] Microphone sound problem

cnnfllsht

Reputable
Mar 21, 2018
Every mic i connect shows up in sound devices but zero sound. Green bar not moving at all. I got fresh drivers from mobo manufacturer (asus x570 tuf wifi). Chipset, audio (realtek). Sound works just fine but not the mic (tried 4 different microphones). Realtek manager sees the connection (on back red and front pink) but not sound records what so ever. I tried to allow everything in privacy settings in win 10. Even made a fresh install of OS. Is it possible that integrated sound card just partially malfunctioning? It was exposed to high temp from a second gpu that worked intensively for a long time. Any ideas? I'm all out.

Solution
So go to settings, sound, under input toward bottom of page it will say manage sound devices. Click on that, a new page will pop up. Under input does it show you any microphones/enabled/disabled?

cnnfllsht

Reputable
Mar 21, 2018
Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem. All software behaves like everything works perfectly.
I just bought external usb sound card and that didn't fix the problem!

So should i clear the BIOS? I'll try but removing the battery. Just to be sure.

Or i could just blame win 10 update and ASUS. I had similar problem with x99 board something about 5 years ago. I just couldn't fix the sound problem until next update came out.