Question Microphone sounds quieter than usual

NoofenNN

Prominent
Aug 20, 2019
I recently formatted my Hard Drive because I got an SSD and had to reinstall windows. When I downloaded Discord, I got into a call with a friend and it went fine. However, when I called my friend today, he complained that i sounded too quiet. I could also tell because discord wouldn't pick up my voice unless i was right up against the thing. I have tried to up the recording volume but it yields much noisier and still quieter results than last time. This isn't a discord problem either, as audacity also has trouble picking up sound now. What is wrong?

haug_peyton

Proper
Sep 25, 2018
If you have two microphones or a webcam your computer could have switched that to the primary microphone so trie to click the arrow up icon in the bottom right corner then right click on the audio icon then click input devices and trie to set the microphone that being used to off and use a different one as your primary.

NoofenNN

Prominent
Aug 20, 2019
If you have two microphones or a webcam your computer could have switched that to the primary microphone so trie to click the arrow up icon in the bottom right corner then right click on the audio icon then click input devices and trie to set the microphone that being used to off and use a different one as your primary.
It seems like my microphone is the default one, so I still don't know what's going on. I also tried plugging in a bluetooth headset through the front panel audio jack, but they didn't work either. Could these two things be related?