Microphone stops working after installing Realtek drivers...

Ginobli

Reputable
Apr 23, 2016
I really want the Realtek drivers because of its graphic equalizer and sound boost. It just always makes my headset microphone not work. I can see it set as a default in "Recording Devices" but will not show any signs of recognizing any sound UNLESS I tap on the headset microphone buttons (Mute, Volume up, Volume down)... so weird.... ANY SUGGESTIONS or alternatives to the Realtek drivers?
<===REALLY frustrated...

Whatever device you're connecting your headset to (motherboard, sound card, etc.) make sure that you're using the manufacturer's drivers and not just going out and getting drivers because you think it will work better. Be aware that some devices don't support mic boost and installing drivers that boost may cause shorten the life of the device.

Uninstall all drivers related to sound and install drivers found from the manufacturer's website, or from a disk that may have been provided with the device, be it a motherboard or sound card.

MrNamegame

Honorable
Nov 2, 2013
This can happen sometimes...Windows has a setting that can sometimes make sound entirely quit working. You will want to go into the Windows audio control panel and go to Recording Devices (a quick method is right clicking the windows audio icon and clicking recording devices), then double click the device you want to work, go to Listen and make sure that the "Listen to this device" tickbox is disabled.

Lemme know if this works for you.

Ginobli

Reputable
Apr 23, 2016

Hey. Thanks for responding. I have a Gigabyte Gaming 5 motherboard and these realtek drivers are the ones for it. It has such a good Creative sound software that I want to use. But losing the microphone messes me up in my gaming.

Ginobli

Reputable
Apr 23, 2016

Damn. I accidentally clicked this as a solution but it was not. Sorry. I did this before. Whenever I tap my microphone on my headset, I can hear the effect through my headphones. This is really sucky.