Question Microphone very low volume

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 9, 2021
So I have a problem with my Razer kraken headset where the volume of the microphone is very low, even on maximum settings it is so quiet you can't even make out what I'm saying.

I have tried reinstalling the devices, the drivers of the devices, reinstalled razer synapse but nothing seems to work or resolve my problem.

I had this issue before with the headset I had before this one which was a hyperx cloud alpha 2 and the same problem accrued here.

So what I tried to do there was use a splitter and use different software to boost my microphone volume even more which worked in the beginning but now every time I use this strategy there is almost always very loud static noise in the background.

So I don't know what the issue is with that I thought it was the headset but when I tried the new one (the razer kraken) the problem was still there so I'm currently at a loss of what I could do to fix my microphone.

chaoyang

Reputable
Oct 24, 2019
Go to 'Control Panel' > 'Hardware & Sound' > 'Sound'.

Another panel should pop up, then go to 'record' section, Right click on your 'Microphone'. Then click on 'Properties' and go to 'Levels' section to change its sensitivity.

Aug 9, 2021
Go to 'Control Panel' > 'Hardware & Sound' > 'Sound'.

Another panel should pop up, then go to 'record' section, Right click on your 'Microphone'. Then click on 'Properties' and go to 'Levels' section to change its sensitivity.

I already tried that everything is turned to maximum with still little to no sound coming out of the microphone itself

chaoyang

Reputable
Oct 24, 2019
I already tried that everything is turned to maximum with still little to no sound coming out of the microphone itself
Just checking but are you talking about speaker or microphone?

Speaker is the one that output sounds for you, while Microphone is the one you speaker into to talk to your friend on application such as Discord.

Aug 9, 2021
Just checking but are you talking about speaker or microphone?

Speaker is the one that output sounds for you, while Microphone is the one you speaker into to talk to your friend on application such as Discord.
my speakers are working fine it's the microphone that is having issues , my friends on discord can't even hear what I'm saying because my microphone is so quiet

chaoyang

Reputable
Oct 24, 2019
my speakers are working fine it's the microphone that is having issues , my friends on discord can't even hear what I'm saying because my microphone is so quiet
Are you using the Discord app for your laptop/pc?

If so then try checking your 'Input Sensitivity'. To find this, you first go to Setting, then 'Voice & video' section.

There you will find input sensitivity to be set to 'automatic determine' by default. Turn that off then adjust the scroll all the way to the left.

Aug 9, 2021
Are you using the Discord app for your laptop/pc?

If so then try checking your 'Input Sensitivity'. To find this, you first go to Setting, then 'Voice & video' section.

There you will find input sensitivity to be set to 'automatic determine' by default. Turn that off then adjust the scroll all the way to the left.
The thing is that if I try to do this it is still very quiet even if my friends put my volume on 200%

Status
Not open for further replies.