Microphone via headset now working

comandocool

Reputable
May 19, 2014
Hello my name is Dan,

I am having issues with using my microphone via the jack in the headset I have. When the microphone is plugged in it is recognised and sending some output but does not pick anything up, moving it and hitting it cause the volume levels to change but speaking doesn't. I know the microphone works as I have used it elsewhere and the headset is also functioning (sound wise). I have a sharkoon X-tatic 5.1, and the microphone is a normal 3.5mm jack one (sorry don't know make or model). The mic is also connect via a 2.5mm to 3.5mm converter into the headset (may be the problem).

If anyone knows a possible solution or had this before, please do inform me.

Thanks Dan.

Sounds to me like your Mic settings are too "heavy" (dont really know the right descriptor). Check in your audio settings and turn up the gain on the microphone, sounds to me like its not very sensitive and it would be a software issue if it works elsewhere.

comandocool

Reputable
May 19, 2014
I dont think its that, i have turned the levels up to the max and audio boost but it literally doesnt pick up anything only when I move it,I think its the connection touching that creates the sound output, not actually the microphone.

comandocool

Reputable
May 19, 2014

I dont think its that, i have turned the levels up to the max and audio boost but it literally doesnt pick up anything only when I move it,I think its the connection touching that creates the sound output, not actually the microphone.