Microphone Volume drops?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kh2belal

Reputable
Dec 13, 2015
It seems that eveytime I talk 'loudly' into my mic, is make the mic volume go down for like 30 seconds, then it goes back to normal. For instance, I use teamspeak a lot to talk to my friends, and say I sneazed really loud, my mic volume would go down and my friends on teamspeak can barely hear me? I have my Microphone level at 100, and boost at +10dB, all my enhancements are not ticked and already have the box for exclusive mode not ticked. Some help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks! :)

Solution
A new PC does not automatically mean updated drivers.

Whatever is installed was put there when the OS was loaded and that may have occurred quite some time in the past. Depending on how long the PC was in storage/inventory, shipping/travel times, etc..

With the problem occurring in both Teamspeak and Discord that is an indication that the problem is not specific to one particular application.

However, it could be a result of both applications (or others) running at the same time.

Your objective is to do some very deliberate testing involving changing settings, enabling/disabling applications, etc. one at a time until you can duplicate the problem at will.

Once you have that then a fix is likely via an update, reinstall, or even...

Ralston18

Titan
Right click the small speaker icon most likely located lower right screen corner.

You will find a variety of options; e.g., Volume Mixer, Playback devices, Recording devices, etc.

Those selections lead to numerous windows, tabs, and properties that can be configured.

One such property is a function that caps or otherwise limits volume for sudden loud sounds. Handles music or other audio that is generally very low and may be hard to hear. You turn the volume up and then get your ears blasted when some instrument sounds off with some sudden emphatic notes.

It does appear that you have been working with those sort of configuration options. However, there may be some other control panel (audio related) or less obvious "check box" controlling the effect in question.

Then again you might just have some buggy drivers that do not immediately return your mic to normal voice after a loud sound - takes awhile to reset. The mic itself may be involved. Try some other mics if at all possible.

Could be a Teamspeak problem. Check their website, Forum, and FAQs.

Try updating your audio related drivers via the audio card manufacturer.

kh2belal

Reputable
Dec 13, 2015

Thanks for the reply!

This is pretty much a new pc, so I believe the drivers are updated. And it also happens on discord, just cant figure out why.

Ralston18

Titan
A new PC does not automatically mean updated drivers.

Whatever is installed was put there when the OS was loaded and that may have occurred quite some time in the past. Depending on how long the PC was in storage/inventory, shipping/travel times, etc..

With the problem occurring in both Teamspeak and Discord that is an indication that the problem is not specific to one particular application.

However, it could be a result of both applications (or others) running at the same time.

Your objective is to do some very deliberate testing involving changing settings, enabling/disabling applications, etc. one at a time until you can duplicate the problem at will.

Once you have that then a fix is likely via an update, reinstall, or even some obscure switch.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.