[SOLVED] Microphone volume is really low, no idea where it comes from

Jul 2, 2019
Hello,
I searched a bit for my issue, but didn't find anything, so I thought I'd ask here.
I'm having issue with my vocal on my pc : when I speak in microphone, friends ( on discord ) are hearing me very low. I had a friend who could hear the music I was playing on my computer, or game sounds etc..
The problem is not my mic, since I just bought a new headset and I still have the issue.. ( thought my old headset was the problem, so bought a new one.. )
Maybe it's hardware or drivers related ? I tried to uninstall the drivers, then installed the latest Realtek ones : no sound was coming out. I uninstalled again and let Windows reinstall the drivers after rebooting, now they're named something like "Microsoft HD sound" or something. Sound is coming out like before, but I still have the issue with the mic.
I already pushed the gain and volume to max in microphone settings, with all max it makes a lot of noise, but if I decrease a bit the volume is still low.
Any idea where this come from ? If I get an external soundcard, would that resolve my issue?
Thanks for reading!

Hardware : MSI Z97 PC MATE - no soundcard - issue with an cheap Plantronics headset, and with an HyperX Cloud gaming headset too.

Solution
In Realtek HD Auddio control panel, there should be Microphone amplification slider.
Also in Control panel>Sound >Recording >Microphone>Levels, should be Boost slider.