[SOLVED] MicroSD internal storage

Jul 17, 2019
I've got a Samsung Galaxy Xcover 4 phone. I put in a 16gb Kingston MicroSD card. I have the option to Format it, but not to make it internal storage.
Please help I want to download some games on there.

Solution
I see lots of videos of people having a ''Format as internal'' button, and why wouldn't it be a good idea?

I thought you meant something else by "internal". Lately I haven't been playing around with Android as much as I used to but I have vague memories of forcing critical system stuff onto the MicroSD card on my rooted Galaxy S3 with a custom ROM and having all kinds of problems.

In general, your MicroSD card is way worse in terms of performance than the phone's internal storage and it also degrades faster under intensive use. This is what I meant, but anything a stock (non-rooted) device allows you to do should be fine.

That said, I did some quick googling and couldn't find a guide for your device. Good luck mate.

pr0t0typ3

Honorable
Nov 10, 2014
You can't make it internal storage and even if you could, it wouldn't be a good idea. However, you can install apps and move them over to the SD card, and it is probably also possible to install them on the card in the first place. Google is your friend ;)

Jul 17, 2019
You can't make it internal storage and even if you could, it wouldn't be a good idea. However, you can install apps and move them over to the SD card, and it is probably also possible to install them on the card in the first place. Google is your friend ;)
I can't download anything in internal storage as it has no more space left. I see lots of videos of people having a ''Format as internal'' button, and why wouldn't it be a good idea?

pr0t0typ3

Honorable
Nov 10, 2014
I see lots of videos of people having a ''Format as internal'' button, and why wouldn't it be a good idea?

I thought you meant something else by "internal". Lately I haven't been playing around with Android as much as I used to but I have vague memories of forcing critical system stuff onto the MicroSD card on my rooted Galaxy S3 with a custom ROM and having all kinds of problems.

In general, your MicroSD card is way worse in terms of performance than the phone's internal storage and it also degrades faster under intensive use. This is what I meant, but anything a stock (non-rooted) device allows you to do should be fine.

That said, I did some quick googling and couldn't find a guide for your device. Good luck mate.

Solution

Fire&Cold

Reputable
Sep 6, 2019
I get something similar as you. When I connect my sdcard to phone is tell me to "format it". That mean's it will format the sd card to be readable by the phone as memory. Like, if you want to save some pictures on sd card, you need to format first(it's like cd-rom on pc, you need to format first as media player to save music to it).