[SOLVED] Microsoft 365 on PC twice?

Colif

Win 11 Master
I somehow have two copies of every Office application installed, I have word version 2009 that I can find info online and was released in Sept - Version 2009 (Build 13231.20390), and I also have version 16.0.13416.41000 installed which I can't find anything on. New one looks pretty cool

Now I am in the future (Australia) and often encounter things before others so that could explain it.

If I look in Apps listing I only have one install of Microsoft 365 so I don't know whats going on. New is more integrated with onedrive, if I open any file I have online it opens it in a browser with a Office toolbar. I don't like that really.

I updated to WIn 10 20H2 today so i can't tell you when the install happened, it may have been a few days ago or today, I really can't tell. Version updates wipe windows memory of what happened the day before.

the help in the new versions appears to talk about office online which were the browser based versions of office, its possible they have merged that into the actual version of word as if I click create new document it opens word.. though a new version of word.

2009 listed as current version here - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdates/update-history-microsoft365-apps-by-date

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
I was suspecting it was the office online apps, the tiny icons in that link are exactly what I see..

they are still messed up, They beg me to add a shortcut for office to start menu and then when I do they use the desktop versions to make new documents. lots of duplication, you can make new local files on both versions. why? why does the online version let you make local files if you have the full version installed?