Microsoft 4000 mouse lag/stutter Windows 7 & 10 two different systems and mice

Daetok

Honorable
Sep 19, 2013
So I've got a really annoying problem here.

This all started with another Wireless MS mouse I had with my old Windows 7 build. The mouse would lag and stutter terribly. I replaced the batteries, uninstalled the drivers, updated the drivers, cleaned the laser, booted clean, booted in safe mode, tried all USB ports available. Nothing worked, still the mouse would lag and stutter horribly.

I decided to buy a new mouse. I bought an MS 4000 Wireless mouse. Brought it home, plugged it in, and boom - stuttering and lagging once more. Also the mouse would not work on USB 2.0 even though it's designed for it. I realized that this mouse actually worked ONLY when plugged into the USB headers on my Rosewill Mechanical keyboard which was plugged into a USB 3.0 port. However upon plugging this mouse into a USB 3.0 port directly, it will lag and stutter like crazy.

Fast forward a month and I scrapped every bit of my old system. Now with a new computer and 3 fresh installs on a new SSD later - STILL GETTING LAG. This mouse is on a 2.4Ghz wireless connection. Could this be interference from my Wireless router? It's literally right next to it. I bought a wireless Logitech keyboard and it functions fine with the Bluetooth dongle.

I can't for the life of me figure it out.

So far with this MS 4000 mouse on my new build with brand new Windows 10 ive tried the following:

- Uninstalled drivers
- Installed drivers directly from MS
- Tried all USB ports - only USB 3.0 work albeit horribly
- New batteries
- Safe Mode

Still this mouse only works properly when plugged into the USB header on my Keyboard which is then plugged into a USB 3.0 slot.

What's wrong?

This is a family friendly site.
Lutfij

Lutfij

Titan
Mind sharing your specs to your build for both the old and the new system's?
List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Are you using the latest version of Microsoft's Keyboard and Mouse Center? Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? I'm assuming you're also on the latest chipset drivers for your motherboard and your adapter is plugged into the front panel away from other wireless devices...?

Daetok

Honorable
Sep 19, 2013
Current build

CPU: AMD Ryzen 2700
Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming Plus (ATX)
Ram: Viper 16GB 3000Mhz
SSD/HDD: 1TB Samsung EVO SSD / 2x 2 TB Seagate HDD
GPU: MSI 1080ti Gaming X
PSU: Corsair RM750x
Chassis:

I installed MS Keyboard and Mouse Center. The application detected the mouse on a 2.0 USB however the mouse does not function or detect key triggers. Just checked and I’m on the latest BIOS which is June of this year, I bought the MB in October. Also this issue is persistent even in the BIOS GUI. I am on the latest chipset, yes. The dongle is currently plugged into my Rosewill keyboard which is then plugged into the front panel USB 3.0 header.