Microsoft Accepting Beta Applications for Flight Sim Reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Those are some pretty high requirements.
I now feel happy saying that my system not only eats up those recommended specs but sails past them with flying colours.

Mwahahaw...
Thank goodness for futureproofing. :p even if I may be in a constant struggle to keep futureproofing for fun like many here.. lol

LuckyDucky7

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
Wait.

So that means that even if you have a copy you can't tell people how cool it is?

That seems kind of counter-intuitive, don't you think?

ultraman

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2010
I wonder how long it will take PMDG and the likes to develop planes for this. FS2004 and FSX had such unrealistic aircraft =(

G

This new version of Flight Simulator, now called "Flight" is likely only going to cover one location, Hawaii. If you look at all of the pics on the Facebook site and the game site, you will notice it only shows Hawaii and if they are going to beta next month and have not shown any screens of any other locations, then it will probably not cover any other part of the world. This will come as a shock to many long time Flight "Simulator" fans.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
I want realistic crashes too.. Not some of that crap where the plane hits the ground and stops dead on first contact with anything with a "CRASH" in red writing.

I mean it's 2011 right now, computers can handle the physics needed to simulate it.
So why not?

ultraman

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2010
[citation][nom]SeahawksFan[/nom]This new version of Flight Simulator, now called "Flight" is likely only going to cover one location, Hawaii.[/citation]

Maybe the beta will only feature Hawaii, but I'm sure the finished product will encompass at least what FSX does.

AMD X6850

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2011
HD: 10 GB Hard Drive space

Wow only?
Considering Flight Simulator X was 15GB.

EDIT: My bad, the beta is 10GB. Well I guess that suggests it is just Hawaii for the beta.
It unlikely that the full game won't have the entire world.

This new version of Flight Simulator, now called "Flight" is likely only going to cover one location, Hawaii.

Any confirmation apart from the fact that they haven't released any screenshots?
This might be just the beta area they are showing. For example, the FSX demo only had one island and a small area around it.

seahawksfan1

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
Wow only?
Considering Flight Simulator X was 15GB.

EDIT: My bad, the beta is 10GB. Well I guess that suggests it is just Hawaii for the beta.
It unlikely that the full game won't have the entire world.
Unfortunately, the 10GB requirement is for the entire game and not the beta.
Regarding confirmation other than screenshots, the game site has been posting images for over a year and the images have only been of Hawaii. They are going into beta next month and if they were going to include any other part of the world, they would have shown images. This is what they have done in prior releases (FS2002, 2004, and FSX) I think a similar game, Take On Helecopters has a higher hard drive requirement.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]AidanJC[/nom]I can't wait for this, I absolutely love FSX. My GTX580 should have no trouble with this title![/citation]

That's what people said about their 8800GTX's, and look what happened.. lol

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]AidanJC[/nom]I can't wait for this, I absolutely love FSX. My GTX580 should have no trouble with this title![/citation]
This game looks far more CPU bound to me...hexa-core is recommended? 6GB RAM? Hardly surprising, really, it supposed to simulate stuff properly...wouldn't GPGPU be a better idea though?

G

Entered a few days ago. Hope I get selected. Im a big flight sim fan.

Strange Microsoft doesn't ask what kind of PC you have or have previous FS experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.