[SOLVED] Microsoft account to login to Windows 10 - what exact settings are synced?

ShangWang

Respectable
Mar 26, 2021
I notice that my older laptop that I used to login to Windows 10 with my Microsoft account has the same background and colour scheme synced with my current laptop.

Does this mean that if you change the background or colour scheme on either device it will cause the other device to automatically change as well?

Does this only change once you restart the device?

What other settings are saved? Are certain windows settings like "Snap settings" you tick off?

If not, is there any way to save all your windows settings and import them onto your account/device?

ShangWang

Respectable
Mar 26, 2021
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...3-279a-329926955708#WindowsVersion=Windows_10

"When Sync settings is turned on, Windows syncs the settings you choose across all your Windows 10 devices that you've signed in to with your Microsoft account. "

You can turn it off completely, or choose only some.
Though I'm wondering about what exact passwords are saved when you enable the tick in windows settings, I would think this falls under passwords saved in your microsoft edge account but you can manage it through web settings.

Are there some other kinds of passwords saved other than this? I don't know of any.

Do browser sync settings get enabled with "Other windows settings" or is it just things like date and time for your system?

Windows roaming settings reference - Azure Active Directory - Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Docs

The browser settings got put together in the documentation so I was wondering if it's completely separate.

TRENDING THREADS