Microsoft Acquires Nokia Mobile Business Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
This will alienate their partners further. Lets face it, Microsoft hardware is shit with poor reliability. The best thing Microsoft had going for it is they did not care about hardware, only software. So they paired a good OS with good hardware.
Alienating hardware partners means Microsoft will be making most of the Windows Phone hardware which as a consumer is not something I wish to purchase.

vaughn2k

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
"... and may the Force be with you... always..." ... kidding aside, Lumia 925 seems to be a great phone, and it's camera (and software) is superb! Can't wait for the WP8.1 update... Sad news for Koreans, hope they would continue manufacturing phones for Nokia/Microsoft, they're better in quality, compared with their neighboring country...

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
"Please note that upon the close of the transaction between Microsoft and Nokia, the name of Nokia Corporation/Nokia Oyj will change to Microsoft Mobile Oy. Microsoft Mobile Oy is the legal entity name that should be used for VAT IDs and for the issuance of invoices," the letter reads.
If Microsoft Drop the nokia name and use Microsoft Mobile, I will not buy their product & abandon WP. Nokia is a powerful brand name in phone, please dont drop that name.

jasonpwns

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2010
This will alienate their partners further. Lets face it, Microsoft hardware is shit with poor reliability. The best thing Microsoft had going for it is they did not care about hardware, only software. So they paired a good OS with good hardware.
Alienating hardware partners means Microsoft will be making most of the Windows Phone hardware which as a consumer is not something I wish to purchase.

What the heck are you talking about? The surface is one of the best quality tablets you can get in terms of build quality. I highly doubt the Lumias will drop in quality too. Tell me what microsoft hardware is bad? Aside from cheapo mice/keyboards. Which even logitech makes bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS