News Microsoft adds Copilot+ support for new CPUs — AMD Ryzen AI 300 and Intel Core Ultra 200V chips receive new AI experiences

vijosef

Upstanding
BANNED
Feb 26, 2024
I had seen copilot installed on windows 11 through windows update for months already, not in new computers.

Last edited:

OneMoreUser

Prominent
Jan 2, 2023
I find the Copilot stuff so annoying as it is being showed in your face all the time, even if try to disable it. Like fx. with the EDGE* browser om Windows 11, even though I did disable it in the browser settings it still pops up if I mark some text in a edit field - asking me if I'd like copilot to rephrase the text I marked and the popup obscures part of what I marked, so I must wait for it to disappear to see what I marked :mad:

I'd like my OS to focus on being a OS and not come with all sort of fluff that is better coming from adding applications. Microsoft is close to me making the leap to Linux.

*Which I have to run due to some work requirements. I much prefer Firefox.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
How long before AMD and Intel cater to the crowd who wants an NPU capable of only 39.99 TOPS so none of this Copilot+ garbage will work?

i'd say never. the whole industry is 100% invested and in no way will they back out now. does not matter what you want, you're not the consumer here, you're the product. the consumer is the advertisers who will be buying up all that sweet sweet data.