Microsoft Announces Limited Edition 1 TB Forza Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avus

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2001
I give up sinking $$ into console for racing/driving since Xbox1/PS4 stop support their last gen steering wheels. There is NO WAY I just junk my perfectly working steering wheel and spend at least $400USD (x2 more if you play on both platform) every 6 years.... Specially I am a big racing game fans and willingly to spend up to $1000 for a good set of wheel, pedals and shifter (Fanatec). I will still buy a console in future if there are enough exclusive that interest me. But for racing/driving game, I stick with PC that will never expire my peripherals for no reason except GREED.

josejones

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010
I'm sure the "Limited Edition 1 TB Forza Xbox One" is really cool but, Microsoft really needs to come out with a new upgraded model to fix the XB1 disaster. Adding a 1T HD and backwards compatibility is great but it still doesn't fix all the issues. The main problem is that Microsoft/XB did NOT focus on games but everything else instead. That's why the PS4 has double the sales of XB1 and now that Sony has just added the 1T HD and more efficiency, XB1 is back to square one again. They need to do far more than just these tiny band-aide software fixes.

Backwards compatibility for XB1 is just another cheap software emulator that isn't all that great. In fact, it would have been nice to hear that they were going to incorporate a hardware solution to backwards compatibility instead of just another half baked software emulator. This is the problem with the Xbone. They skimped on everything. I would have paid a little more for proper hardware solutions. Microsoft/XB has still not learned its lesson = to stop going so cheap on everything - that is why the PS4 has double the sales.

The original XB was state of the art and more advanced than PC's when it came out and it blew away PlayStation. THAT is what Microsoft/XB should've done with the XB1 because that's what many of us who were there from the very beginning expected - we've been very disappointed with the XB1 and still are.

There were several reasons to believe they'd come out with a new model at E3:

1. The rumors strongly implied a new model because it was badly needed.

Xbox One Slim Microsoft's Secret Weapon For E3 2015?
http://www.nextpowerup.com/news/21183/xbox-one-slim-microsofts-secret-weapon-for-e3-2015/

2. The PS4 has double the sales over XBox One leaving XB in the dust.
3. The PS4 has far more raw power and is in many ways the better console.
4. XB1 uses DDR3 memory while PS4 uses GDDR5 = much faster
5. PS4 has double the shaders than the XB1 = 1,152 vs 768 and 10% of that goes to kinect.
6. XB1 doesn't even play games in 1080
7. They fired Don Mattrick (man behind XB1) and eventually replaced him with Phil Spencer to fix the XB1 disaster

MS/XB did the bare minimum, which tells me MS/XB cares far more about money than making the better product. The long-time XBox fans who were there from the very beginning are still very dissatisfied with the XB1. Microsoft/XBox should've come out with a new model to win back all the fans that they've disappointed with the XBox One. They dropped the ball big time - AGAIN!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw

; )

Vosgy

Honorable
Nov 24, 2014
The biggest issue I see with putting in hardware emulation is that they will alienate their fan base, the early adopters where already pissed when the consoles price got lowered so soon after release, and then all the collectors editions of the console that started coming out, put in hardware backwards compatibility on only the new consoles and that might just be the straw that breaks the camels back.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
I give up sinking $$ into console for racing/driving since Xbox1/PS4 stop support their last gen steering wheels. There is NO WAY I just junk my perfectly working steering wheel and spend at least $400USD (x2 more if you play on both platform) every 6 years.... Specially I am a big racing game fans and willingly to spend up to $1000 for a good set of wheel, pedals and shifter (Fanatec). I will still buy a console in future if there are enough exclusive that interest me. But for racing/driving game, I stick with PC that will never expire my peripherals for no reason except GREED.

look into converters, apparently with one of the more/most popular semi cheap logitech wheels, they made it for ps3 and pc, and there was a separate box made for xbox so it could be used on that.

form what i know, its around 100-180~ dollars, but this kind of thing is something you may want to look into...

that said, forza is my raceing game of choice if i get a new console just because of the rewind feature... im so sick of racing games that 1 mistakes screws you completely with no hope of recovery and if you don't have a wheel have fun with precision, than the load times... i want to play racing games, but the wheels are to expensive and when a game requires it to function correctly and have no real "we wont (cant say the word here) you time away" feature because you are on a 10+ minute race and real life distracted you for a second and oh, head first into the wall, you went from first to 8th, now redo the entire thing and don't make a single mistake again... i just cant do that. i wish more sim games would have rewind but so many people who play sim games scream at the devs to not implement it or even think of it.

fixxxer113

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
The original XB was state of the art and more advanced than PC's when it came out and it blew away PlayStation.

1. State of the art? More advanced than PCs? Have you ever opened up an XBOX? It IS a PC. It's a 733 Mhz Intel Pentium III with an NVIDIA Geforce 3 GPU and 64MB of DDR RAM. It also had a standard IDE DVD and HDD drive. The only reason that some games might have looked better than on PC, is that the console wasn't burdened by a full OS (something that pretty much happens now).

2. Blew away the Playstation 2 on specs maybe, but don't forget that the PS2 was the most succesful console of all time, with absolutely ridiculous sales numbers and lifespan. So, as far as the console makers are concerned, power certainly isn't everything when they want to sell.

Ninjawithagun

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2007
zzzzzzzzzzz.....wake me up when the real XBOX One hardware upgrade is released in November. Upgraded CPU and GPU will help the XB1 play games in true 1080P as well as allow for 4K playback with HDMI 2.0. Yeah, that's worth waking me up :D

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009

you may be forgetting that they never planned to make profit or be prolific with the xbox... it was sold at a loss and never expected to make money back... it was just a piece of hardware to get a foot in the door, the best looking game on it was ninja gaiden, and there is a good chance that on just graphics, gamecube beat xbox with metroid, there were also some late system tech demos that also showed there were allot more they could have pulled out of the system.

and to point 1, when they were launched, it wasn't till the 360 and ps3 that pc's were more powerful than the consoles, the hardware inside mixed with a single programmable for architecture made them far more capable than pc's at the time. granted, the xbox may have been the breaking point for whats better, my memory of back than is a bit crappy.

masterofevil22

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
I love what MS is doing with device and platform convergence with Windows 10 PC's and Xbox One. Having these two devices in your home; especially with Kinect and Cortana will be absolutely WORLD ALTERING with respect to how you interact with your home. If you are scared or paranoid about using this Star Trek like technology then I feel sorry for you.

Personally, I'd be a lot more scared of Sony having any of my personal information.

You might as well put up an add on Craigslist detailing your various bank accounts and passwords.

Status
Not open for further replies.