Microsoft Announces New And Updated Peripherals For Windows 10 Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlayerSlayer

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
My old MS Intellimouse (first gen) lasted years and years and never, ever died. The rubber wore off and the gray had faded, but it still worked. I've had three Logitech M705 mice die on me in various ways in the last three years. (If they weren't so cheap, I wouldn't have used any after the first, but I sure won't use a fourth.) I'm not sold on the design of these, and I don't know how MS hardware has changed over the last decade, but I think I'd sooner give them another shot than Logitech after my personal (and therefore anecdotal) experience.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
Im sorry to say but rehashing the same products and placing a "Windows 10" sticker on them don't mean much. The only thing I loved about Microsoft Keyboards and mice was the Intilipoint and intilitype software integration! It was flawless when I had my Wireless Intellimouse Explorer with tilt wheel. The range wasn't great but I loved it until the thumbwheel turned into the sticky gum feeling. I miss it, but moved on.

Best bang for the buck mouse ive ever come across was the Logitech Marathon Mouse 705. Ive had mine for 4 years and its still going strong on the original batteries! I use it for work constantly and its also my laptop mouse wen I travel.

-3 Year warranty
- Wireless
- 4 way scroll wheel
- 6+2 buttons (1 buttons is left scroll 1 button is right scroll)
- 3 year battery life with 2 AA batteries, can be used with 1 AA battery to reduce weight but you wont get 3 years out of it.
buttons can be mapped to use the builtin Windows features like TaskView

Its not Bluetooth and requires a nano dongle (included) but its awesome!!!

Did I mention its only $25 :)

jaber2

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
I never had a good experience with wireless either mouse or keyboard, I am in need of a wireless mouse and keyboard since I do watch shows and movies on my big screen from my computer, so I am in the market and hope they have fixed all the issues they've had with wireless devices from years past, I prefer MS since its made to last unlike others, I will be buying one from staples or office max/office depot, they seem to have the best prices on those devices.

Wamphryi

Distinguished
someone, somewhere honestly believes that their old keyboard will stop working

Mine did. I always meant to keep my very first keyboard but for some reason it failed at BIOS level and caused the system to hang on boot. Spilled drinks and sticky keys and children do the rest.

Achoo22

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
My old MS Intellimouse (first gen) lasted years and years and never, ever died.
The newer devices are of dramatically lower quality. They also have correspondingly weak warranties (the original Intellimouse Explorer, for example, had a lifetime warranty).

ah

Reputable
Oct 29, 2014
Ta da! Just upgraded to W10, all I had to do was 'clicked 3 times. And the verdict: I like it a lot.

Everyone needs a different thing.
Personaly I dont like those, but I can see why others do.
THere is a reason why tehre are so many mice and keyboard companies, and they are still making money: Everyone wants something different.

Personally, I am what you could call a logitech fan (I only buy some of their mices, but I buy 3-4 of them each time to have spares).

Mini optical, dual mouseman, G3 and now G303.

I have tried other brands, but it has been very weird for me to to return or gift other mices.

It also seems that mices are changed very often in less reputable brands:

I had some time ago a trust mice, rather big, laser sensor, very light.
Loved it, but when it died, I could not find that model again.

Status
Not open for further replies.