Microsoft Announces New Touch Covers, Power Cover and Dock

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevejnb

Honorable
May 6, 2013
Oye, same thing as with the recent Apple spam... This is fundamentally one event, one announcement. Do we need the announcement to be broken up into three articles?

alextheblue

Distinguished
Jane, you need to update the article. In the Surface Pro 2 hands-on video, Marcus says the new Type cover is ALSO 1mm thinner than its predecessor. Which, given the improvements to rigidity and noise, and the fact that it appears to have the same amount of key travel, is pretty sweet.

Yeah they're a bit high. But they're all pretty slick, and the quality of the Surface accessories seems good, and these will likely continue that trend. I especially like that docking station!

It's great that the new covers are backwards compatible with the older models. I imagine a lot of owners of the original Surface Pro will be snagging the new Type Cover. I'd bet that the dock will work with the older model Pro as well.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
"There's also a new Type Cover, which Microsoft says has the same design as the original (so we assume the same thickness and weight)"

Clearly was not paying attention, maybe you should watch the video again, it is a full 1mm thinner

These are some great accessories, I just wish they costed a bit less.
A dockable, relatively high performance, tablet with a removable keyboard would be awesome for many a university student.

Status
Not open for further replies.