Microsoft Announces Xbox Reveal for May 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Immoral Medic

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2010
I currently have no plans to buy a next gen console. I do want a Wii U sometime this year, but I am definitely interested in seeing the PS4/Xbox720. I'm always interested.

kawininjazx

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
My internet sometimes goes out, I will not buy an XBOX 720. I'm sure it will be a good console but I'm more of a Playstation guy anyway, and with sony using an x86 CPU there will be a lot more developers who can make good games. By the way, I am playing the new god of war and the graphics make me wonder why we need a PS4.

MANOFKRYPTONAK

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
Not sure about the new xbox, have a 360 and I don't like having to pay to play a game online. I can buy it for my pc or a PS3, and I don't have to pay to play online. Yeah its only 5 bucks a month, but its more the principle behind it. And the always on internet connection required, you've got to be kidding me. Who ever came up with the idea and those who supported it need to be fired, lets hope this a false rumor. If not microsoft will not be selling as many xbox this time around :D

G

Not acting like an elitist but I'm glad I got into PC gaming, so much better imo, much cheaper games (good luck finding Hitman Absolution on console for a fiver) as well as no £40 a month for online, and depending on your budget you can pay what you want, PC gaming is no longer expensive like Alienware, you can get a decent PC system for £400, maybe less that would be capable of playing games etc

MANOFKRYPTONAK

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012

True dat, wikiwikiwhat?!?!? I want dx12 too, hell yeah

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Who cares? After that whole always-on online DRM thing last month I'm no longer interested in what Microsoft is cooking up. I don't want a console that has the reliability and design scope of SimCity. I'm far more interested in all the wild indie PC games moving forward on PC, Ouya, and PS4 assuming Sony actually learned from their mistakes with the PS3.

shikamaru31789

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
This is very good news. I'm pretty sure that the source that originally leaked the May 21st reveal date, was the same source that said that the Next Xbox isn't always online and was never going to be always online, would have the 360 SoC for backwards compatibility, and would have a Windows 8 based OS that allows the playing of games from the Windows 8 ap store (once controller support is added to them). If he was right about the May 21st unveiling, then he might just have been right about the rest. And if he was right about all that, the 720 might just be fantastic instead of horribly horrible.

G

Only 26 days until its revealed that its already out of date when compared to current gen gaming PCs....

DiddlyDoo23

Honorable
Apr 24, 2013
hmm semi excited mostly to just see what microsoft has in the works. pc gaming is so much better though, at least for me. and the amount of money i spend on an xbox can be spent on a gaming pc that i can upgrade later on instead of being stuck with certain specs. got a gamer pc from ironsidecomputers.com and continually upgrade over the months so now I am maxing everything. with consoles youre stuck.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
they have quite the opponent to one up with this new console. the ps4 announcement was surprisingly well recieved and imo with good reason. this announcement has to make the xbox look competitive, which will be very difficult. and they HAVE to address the always-online issue(confirm or deny it, not make vague jumps over the topic). I most certainly wont be buying it as Ive never been a fan of xbox live subscription and my pockets arent deep enough to spare change on a new console. I am interested in seeing whats new though.

hixbot

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2007
I am excited to see if these always online rumours are true. I suspect they are not true, but that hasn't stopped most media from spreading them without good sources.

ITFT

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2012
As far as I know the "new" generation consoles will be no faster than an old ATI 5850.... So do you math guys.... Both Xbox and PS will have the CPU from AMD with integrated graphics!!!!!!!!!!!! And you call this NEW generation? For another 8 years I suppose, then they will put ATI 7870 LOL
I used to love consoles ages ago, but since I bought my 1st PC in 1994 I decided that the consoles are just waste of time as the Graphics and the Sound is always better on the PC, so matter what!

Status
Not open for further replies.