Microsoft Announces Xbox Wireless Program For PCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

braneman

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
Well its Microsoft, who is willing to bet that it'll be locked down to only work with things you have to buy through them? After all the Xbox One didn't originally play used games, what makes you think they've learned and Xbox Wireless won't just be a licensing paycheck for them?

Zapin

Reputable
Dec 15, 2015
Actually the Xbox One would have been a better product if they did not change their minds on the DRM after the backlash. The original concept had the ability to share your purchases with friends and family and a way of selling your used titles (at a small cost to change owners). Stats are already showing that less people are buying physical media anyway so the point is moot now.

Console technology falls behind the times too quickly so it is great that PC gaming is being so earnestly encouraged by MS. I agree that UWP does suck compared to proper win32 releases via Steam or GOG but with crossbuy/crossplay I am more likely to buy a game on the Xbox knowing that I could also play it on my PC if I choose for no extra cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.