Microsoft Beefing Up Outlook, OneDrive Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

catswold

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
You want truly secure email (NSA proof), check out ProtonMail created by a group at CERN in Switzerland who did so in reaction to the Snowden leaks.

Innocent_Bystander

Honorable
May 2, 2013
You want truly secure email (NSA proof), check out ProtonMail created by a group at CERN in Switzerland who did so in reaction to the Snowden leaks.

I wouldn't go as far as calling anything out there NSA-proof.There is a vulnerability in any complex system and if anyone will find it it's these guys.

JPNpower

Honorable
Jun 7, 2013

NO NO NO! SERN spies on innocent people as much as, if not more so than, the NSA. According to an insider named John Titor, they are currently trying to develop a time machine through Kerr black holes made through their Large Hadron Collider. This is kept hidden from the public, and all those who know more than they should will be targeted with their global scale eavesdropping.

I leave you with undeniable video evidence.
El Psy Congroo.
http://youtu.be/nS4wjiFRGO0

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
Mostly marketing BS. No encryption M$ can deploy is going to protect your privacy from an agent with a "National Security Letter" or the inquiries of any other government whose jurisdiction they have servers within. At most it will make continuous, unofficial, and unacknowledged monitoring slightly more difficult. Even if these changes could have significant impact, governments would simply go after the services of whomever you are communicating with.

catswold

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
I would trust the security of CERN over MS. Of course right now the only truly secure means of communicating is via Tor. Personally, I'm still using Yahoo Mail.

I'm not particularly concerned over what the NSA might think about my sending messages like, "Hey, missed you last night, see you tomorrow," or "Check out this article on the M&P Shield," etc. :)

like Microsoft says its all cloud based your files are ''out there'' and not on your computer .. I have yet to understand why everyone just jumps on this bandwagon.. as my opinion I don't care to have my computers os cloud based as now with this and if your using 8 well that's its prime selling point.. you talk about the nsa but who else is tapping in to your stuff that's stored on o server somewhere in the world that don't have the laws to protect them from just anybody?? bottom line they talk it up about protecting your privacy but its the last thing they want to do cause then they cant target you so easy ..

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
If they open doors to allow people to interrogate the source code for back doors, everyone that accuses them of having a back door should go and look for themselves. Can't find one? Then STFU.

Status
Not open for further replies.