Microsoft Bing Goes Down Due to Mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

cushgod

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2008
why would I use Bing, so I can see what Microsoft want me to see... I d rather have Google anyday, never had any trouble finding anything on Google,m why would anyone switch, ,oh that's right when you upgrade to IE8 it tries to default everything to Microsoft. Bing included... lame!! and people are lazy and probably think Bing is googling.... LOL.

djackson_dba

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
"why would I use Bing, so I can see what Microsoft want me to see... "
You think other search engines, including Google, are not directing your searches to their own advantages? LOL!!!

I use both Google and Bing. Google seems better for highly generalized searches, but I get much better results from Bing on technology related searches. YMMV.

powerbaselx

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
I don't get it... where are now the 20+ guys that usually vote in favour of Microsoft products (no matter the kind of written arguments) and against to hide specific posts that refer MS products problems or Apple goodies?

I don't like Bing search engine. Google presents better results?

I still didn't see here a post like the usual: "Man, i use Bing all the way. Forget Google: Bing rocks. It's the best! A shame Apple don't have its own expensive and payed search engine. All my 20 computers at home that already have Windows 7 and IE8 only use Bing." ... :-(

stryk55

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
Bing does not have a better search engine, so no contest there. However I use Bing for the maps and directions, which in my experience, have been more accurate and reliable than what I have received from Google.

pcavv

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
I use both but little by little I'm using Bing more, i think is best on overall with the exception for generalized things.

I think people sometimes should forget brands and use whats the best for the result they need.
Its good that both have something better than the other that way keeps the competition, and as result we, the ones that can take advantage of whats best forgetting brands, get better products.

maydaynomore

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I use Bing.....deal with it.
Seriously though: Who cares....? You'll find what you're looking for with either engine. They are both good search engines, I just wanted something new..I'm tired of the way Google looks.

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
I still use Google so this interruption had no impact on me.

That being said, this speaks volumes of the general Q&A and roll-out procedures at MS that they actually took down their own site...

amdgamer666

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2008
I wonder how many people went to Bing during that time and, after seeing that it was down, permanently switched to Google because when was the last time Google was down? oh yeah, never

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
[citation][nom]Cushgod[/nom]oh that's right when you upgrade to IE8 it tries to default everything to Microsoft. Bing included... lame!! [/citation]
No shit!? When I installed Chrome, it tried to set my default search engine to Google! Can you believe this? I'm outraged!

djackson_dba

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
[citation][nom]amdgamer666[/nom]I wonder how many people went to Bing during that time and, after seeing that it was down, permanently switched to Google because when was the last time Google was down? oh yeah, never[/citation]

Actually, their last major outage was May of this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.