News Microsoft Brings Its Xbox One Auto HDR Feature To Windows

wr3zzz

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Isn't one of the biggest complaint of HDR in Windows 10 is that the system UI is SDR and user has to switch back and forth between HDR and SDR mode?

Does this mean there will be a HDR UI in the next Windows 10 build?

Thretosix

Honorable
Apr 27, 2017
Isn't one of the biggest complaint of HDR in Windows 10 is that the system UI is SDR and user has to switch back and forth between HDR and SDR mode?

Does this mean there will be a HDR UI in the next Windows 10 build?
This feature is associated with games, the article even references that not all games are supported. At this time there is no HDR in the UI on the Xbox, I don't believe the UI itself supports HDR, though perhaps this changes with the new update, I'm personally not part of the insider program to test it. On my PC the way it is currently is, HDR has to be enabled for games to use it, I do find that the PC is sending an active HDR signal whether or not I'm in a game when it is enabled, games that support HDR don't have HDR adjustments unless it is on. It would be pretty cool if the UI did have HDR, even on the Xbox, though one of the main problems with HDR specifically on an OLED TV HDR in a UI may lead to burn in from static images.

TRENDING THREADS