Microsoft Campaigns: Don't Get Scroogled by Google

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
The solution? To not miss out on the "best products and prices", and consult an "honest serach", consumers should run their searches on Bing instead.
DuckDuckGo is an honest search that doesn't track you either.

P.S. Webster is an honest dictionary. What's a "serach"?

misterawsome

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012
Ahhh Microsoft don't you love their ads. who uses google shopping anyway, and if so couldn't you change the filter from relevance to best reviews or prices:low to high anyway.

Why on earth would I use anything microsoft has online. IE (junk), Bing (junk). Google or go home. Microsoft look up no google how not to waste a billion dollars researching for a operating system for people to hate the way it works.

xpeh

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
[citation][nom]misterawsome[/nom]Ahhh Microsoft don't you love their ads. who uses google shopping anyway, and if so couldn't you change the filter from relevance to best reviews or prices:low to high anyway.[/citation]

Serach means shit in Russian

AzureFlash

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2006
Says the company who has been caught red-handed copying search results from the other... Keep doing what you do best, Microsoft - and by that I mean weaving webs of lies.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]LORD_ORION[/nom]I miss Inference Find.[/citation]
I miss the ability to exclude results from specific domains (like click-bait sites).

zeratul600

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012
[citation][nom]bllue[/nom]Newegg and Amazon is all you need[/citation]
those were the words that came to my mind right after reading the image!! man i just use goggle to do research and find providers for industrial stuff, if i need to buy something amazon, newegg and ebay would be my weapons of choice

jmcgaw

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
If Google needs a come-back they should look to the vernacular of Northern England and the Borderlands. Up there "Bing" means literally a heap of waste material.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
I agree with zera and blue.

Rarely would I search for a site to buy from anyways. The stuff I buy all comes from newegg, amazon, ebay. And the more unique stuff I have to get from time to time usually results in forums searching to find who is the most reputable dealer.

evilsizer

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
Windows NT 3, Windows ME, and Windows Vista. Don't throw stones MS, you have a history of not being exactly honest with your customers. Google still seems less evil than MS and Apple, IMO.

G

Microsoft, If you wanna go up against Google you gotta bring what at least looks like an OS to the table. Windows 8 just wont cut it.

I dunno about you guys, but when I'm shopping, I may look at the Google Shopping results, but I certainly don't blindly pick a retailer based on them. And if you actually look at the lowest-priced results, you tend to find some sketchy-looking sites or eBay retailers that you probably wouldn't want to do business with anyway.

If you're not checking Newegg, Amazon, maybe Provantage or bhphotovideo.com (or whatever sites are relevant to the type of item you're shopping for), you're only shooting yourself in the foot... :)

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
"That's when Google Shopping announced a new initiative. Simply put, all of their shopping results are now paid ads." Microsoft goes on and says that "they scroogle you by defining relevance as how much they're getting paid."

The solution? To not miss out on the "best products and prices", and consult an "honest serach", consumers should run their searches on Bing instead.

Those in glass houses...

Seriously this has improved the Google shopping. Before this occurred people were spamming the ads since they were free, now it costs money to spam so the results have improved considerably. I have yet to see Bing be accurate, on anything.

[citation][nom]bllue[/nom]Newegg and Amazon is all you need[/citation]
... and ncix, and microcenter.com

But the best of all is staples.com... those guys couldn't fill out a spreadsheet properly to save their lives. I cannot tell you how many time I found an incorrect price on their website, gone into a store, and then had them price match the website. I have gotten $2 ink, a $50 GPS unit that are normally $500, and various other odds and ends. And they always honor it without putting up a fuss :D

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
[citation][nom]CaedenV[/nom]... and ncix, and microcenter.comBut the best of all is staples.com... those guys couldn't fill out a spreadsheet properly to save their lives. I cannot tell you how many time I found an incorrect price on their website, gone into a store, and then had them price match the website. I have gotten $2 ink, a $50 GPS unit that are normally $500, and various other odds and ends. And they always honor it without putting up a fuss[/citation]

Lol I have low enough expectations of staples I actually believe you.

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
I guess that since Apple's campaign bashing Windows worked, MS thinks they can do the same to others. Instead it's like watching the nerdy kid at school who got picked on trying to pick on somebody else and get everyone behind him but instead everybody laughs at him and he cries himself to sleep that night.

Attack campaigns rarely work. They have to be funny, and even then, humor is subjective.

Status
Not open for further replies.