News Microsoft Confirms Windows 10 Feature Updates Ending After 22H2

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
I hope that Windows 12 does not repeat the many user interface mistakes Windows 11 made. I don't want some mashup of Mac OS and Android again. Also expecting the Oct 2025 deadline to be pushed similar to how things were adjusted for XP and 7.

Reactions: Kridian and Eximo
I'm quite fine whatever changes MS decides to to to remake the desktop / user interface.

The most troublesome experience I encounter with new versions of Windows (at work) is that several suppliers of equipment and thus software to configure it, doesn't seems to bother upgrading that software so it works properly in the newest Windows environoment.

For example yesterday I had this software we had bought license for, but still was nagging about missing license key and refused to run. Turned out we had to force that program to open as admin in order to get it to work.

This - is a waste of time for the company.

fruitn

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2011
I liked W95, I loved Windows XP, Windows Vista came with a fantastic look, Windows 7 felt streamlined. Windows 8? Blargh. Windows 10, uhmm... It kinda works? Windows 11, not likely to happen anytime soon.
If I could buy an upgrade to Vista or 7 I would like to go back. Leaving all the "We need to innovate like Apple/Google" <Mod Edit> behind.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aaron Priest

Reputable
Sep 21, 2019
Windows 11 still doesn't allow taskbar icons ungrouping...
That's still a sore spot for myself and most of my clients. Can't expand pinned apps when they are open on the taskbar either, which is a pain when you have several Word docs or Excel spreadsheets open at once on multiple monitors. Can't read the filenames to know which is which at a glance.

USAFRet

Titan
That's still a sore spot for myself and most of my clients. Can't expand pinned apps when they are open on the taskbar either, which is a pain when you have several Word docs or Excel spreadsheets open at once on multiple monitors. Can't read the filenames to know which is which at a glance.
With Word, Excel, etc, I can read the filenames.
Notepad, not.