Info Microsoft defender bug

shadowcat777

Honorable
Feb 23, 2019
If anyone is experiencing desktop stutter with Displayport you can try to change to Avast (free)
or something like that cause it seem to be a bug with Windows defender.
I have had similar problem with several computers using Displayport to monitor and when I changed
antivirus to Avast the desktop stutter dissappeared. They especially arrived when booting up windows.
Also windows defender made my desktop slower especially after updating windows with new updates, etc.
Have been changing to Avast all these problems dissapeared.

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
If anyone is experiencing desktop stutter with Displayport you can try to change to Avast (free)
I have had similar problem with several computers using Displayport to monitor and when I changed
antivirus to Avast the desktop stutter dissappeared. They especially arrived when booting up windows.
Also windows defender made my desktop slower especially after updating windows with new updates, etc.
What other information do you have to support this? Avast could have simply removed malware or stopped other software that was using system resources and halting the stutters. Have you been successful in repeating the issue and resolving it with the same process? There could have been an update that fixed it at the same time you installed Avast.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I wouldn't have suggested Avast anyway, there are better free choices that won't try to sell you things

Its rare for defender to be a cause, probably more likely Ethernet or WIFI drivers.

USAFRet

Titan
Absolutely not enough info to ditch Defender for Avast.

What about Defender causes the monitor to glitch?
Specifically...

shadowcat777

Honorable
Feb 23, 2019
The solution for the stuttering was with another PC to use HDMI cable instead of DP.
My current gaming PC got it fixed by changing antivirus to Avast.
I have had similar problem with 3 different PC's and also different monitor.
did not mean to upset anyone , but if you notice stuttering on your PC using DP
try HDMI or changing antivirus program. This was my solutions

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
The solution for the stuttering was with another PC to use HDMI cable instead of DP.
My current gaming PC got it fixed by changing antivirus to Avast.
I have had similar problem with 3 different PC's and also different monitor.
did not mean to upset anyone , but if you notice stuttering on your PC using DP
try HDMI or changing antivirus program. This was my solutions
We were merely pointing out that the antivirus software probably didn’t change anything. It’s possible that it removed malware or stopped an app from running. However, you didn’t give conclusive support for how Avast fixed the stuttering.

For example, my computer was running slow recently but shortly after I installed the VMware player software update, it was fixed. In actuality, there was a Windows Update being installed that happened to finish installing after the VMware update finished. What was causing it to run slow? Probably the Windows Update that was demanding a lot more system resources.

The stuttering related to different display cables could have been because of the quality/video limitations of those specific cables. Unless you went in-depth with troubleshooting the DP stuttering, it could have just been the cable, outdated drivers, the DP connections on the PC or monitor, etc.

All we are saying is that without further testing or supportive evidence, there is no way to prove that Avast solved the problem.

Last edited: