Microsoft Details Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Rollout

Status
Not open for further replies.

clinton_larue

Prominent
Oct 23, 2017
I have it installed on two computers a Surface Pro 4 i7 and a AMD fx8350 desktop I built my self and it is running good on both.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011

5 machines here. All working perfectly after update! What we have here seems to be a PEBKAC.

Best feature was their decision to return the details pane to the bottom of the screen instead on the right side so now we can have both preview and details at the same time

Two machines here, 100% perfect. With the new update, I'm getting faster boot times and tad higher average frame rates.

Also, for all Ryzen users, you can ditch the Ryzen balanced plan. Microsoft has finally optimized the regular balanced plan for Ryzen (at least it seems like that to me).

I benchmarked both ryzen balanced and the regular balanced plan in the new creators update, and i get higher scores with the regular balanced plan. Also, there is no more CPU parking on the regular balanced plan like before.

karma77police

Honorable
Sep 27, 2017
I don't run garbage Surface but Nvidia 1080 ti SLI setup with 8/16 6900K setup. Entire UI is just f. buggy. Played Rise of Tomb Rider and after you quit Start Menu rendering is just broken and only way to fix it is to log off and login again. Should i mention Shell Experience crashing and others <mod edit> like that. No greater joke than some MS. fan coming and saying that Win 10 works great on his Surface...sorry but your surface is no f. indication for anything.

<Moderator Warning: You were banned once, under a different name, for your use of profanity. Do not continue in that vein.>

So did you come from windows 7?? Did you do a clean installation?

When upgrading from windows 10 to windows 10, I've noticed it's really smooth. But in the past, I've tried upgrading from windows 7 and windows 8 to windows 10, and it was buggy. However a complete installation should fix everything.

karma77police

Honorable
Sep 27, 2017

No clean install. OS is just buggy as hell. Windows Insider program is joke where people test Win10 with virtual machines or joke hardware such as Surface. No real hardware test against Windows 10 was ever performed with enough number of testers. One of the solutions is to completely replace Win 10 UI with 3rd party to avoid UWP <mod edit>

But instead of doing that i will just install Windows 7 again.

karma77police

Honorable
Sep 27, 2017

Yes, I do. I cannot upload screenshots now because i am at work...can do tonight. I am not saying that it will happen for every hardware configuration but it does affect mine. The weirdest thing is shell experience crash where start menu does not invoke. The only way is to reboot machine.

Microsoft QA simply does not exist and Windows Insider program is waste of time.

I wanted to give a chance to Windows 10 but MS is simply not delivering for me at least.

Btw speaking of Edge, that <mod edit> crashes like there is no tomorrow, randomly on random site. Completely unusable...seriously MS?

I wonder if that'll change idle CPU clock speeds. Been hearing about clocks not throttling back at idle.

nukwakon

Prominent
Oct 23, 2017
After more than 20 installation failures and over 100 hours of these failed install attempts plus all the searching and attempting fixes, I'm wondering WHY it keeps failing, seeing as the error message is of no help whatsoever. May have to go Linux after all . . .

Been there, called M$. They fudge my PC and it's on them to fix. Too bad they have levels of tech support. The first couple of levels are utterly useless except for the most basic of users. Still, they do have a billion(more or less) devices to update. There will be individual problems. Work through it and learn or ditch.

karma77police

Honorable
Sep 27, 2017

Windows 10 has more aggressive power management i cannot override, compared to Windows 7 in other words sucks in my book causing lower performance with CPU across the board.

karma77police

Honorable
Sep 27, 2017

I am going to upload screenshots here as a proof and to Microsoft Feedback just so they have, but i don't think they will do anything about it...most likely blame someone else. After that f. Win 10, going back to Win 7 which does everything better.

That's another plus, the clock speeds do throttle back like they should. And you don't get a performance penalty for having your CPU underclock.

karma77police

Honorable
Sep 27, 2017

It does in my case with Intel 6900K 8/16. 3DMark really shows that where score under Windows 10 is for 1000 points < than on Windows 7. The reviewers will never tell you about that because for some reason they never include Windows 7 SP1 as a reference point against Windows 10 just so people know.

tshinhar

Honorable
May 27, 2015
so funny
i got the update notification on a 7 years old laptop and a 3 years old tablet
witch are both really outdated in terms of hardware
but dident got it on my desktop witch is newer and wayyyy stronger
so i think its not true at all

shpankey

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2017
Running flawless here on 2 systems. Really enjoying the changes as well. Pretty happy right now with Win 10. Kudos to msft for once.

Only hiccup i've had with the fall creator update is some weird compatibility issue between a samsung tv i have hooked up (secondary display) and the nvidia driver that wasn't present with the original creator update.

For some reason the driver or the update thinks the tv is a 12bit color depth display when it only able to support 8bit (or at least that is what setting in nvidia control panel that fixed my problem) and it not system specific as it happen on both my main system 980ti and my htpc (GT 710).

But it was a simple fix and haven't had any issue beyond that.

Here what it looked like with default display settings (before being fixed).... Watch out though.... you might go on some weird trip...
http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx241/warmon6/IMG_20171023_120920_zpscvggabzr.jpg~original

Status
Not open for further replies.