Microsoft Envisions The Next-generation LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

bf2gameplaya

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2008
Great, except that this technology has a current contrast ration of 20:1, that's right t-w-e-n-t-y.

Why the industry is still spinning their wheels with this eye-sore of a technology, is beyond me. Let's move far past LCDs, quickly!

G

"The opening in the membrane is smaller than the secondary mirror to minimize diffraction leakage through the pixel. The first prototype's contrast ratio was 20:1, mainly due to the use of non-collimated back light. This was a limitation of the current prototype, not of the technology. This is supported by simulations (see Supplementary Information, Fig. S5), which show that a ratio of at least 800:1 is possible. The software used for the simulations was a finite-difference time-domain program (OptiFDTD, Optiwave)."

its the link ,to the paper published in nature , in this article.

bf2gameplaya

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2008
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]i would like to know where you got that info from bf2not trying to put you down, just interested[/citation]

For your edification you should get into the habit of reading the source articles, especially when they are conveniently hotlinked.

I do, see how smart it makes me look? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.