Microsoft: Facebook Home a People Hub Ripoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderfox

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
"Naturally, Shaw starts taking shots at Android, which up until this week commanded the smartphone market"

And what has changed in the last week to change this? Did more than a dozen people suddenly start to give a crap about Windows phones or Blackberries?

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Millions of people may like the Windows Phone design philosophy, but hundreds of millions love the ability to customize their Android experience the way they want -- people-centric, app-centric, or otherwise.

hotice

Honorable
Mar 22, 2013
+1 bigdragon
Also, While I understand what Microsoft was getting at if you'd actually compare features Home offers far superior multitasking when it comes to messaging with ChatHeads. Microsoft can't compete with that.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
'Put People First.' = Mobile Divisions Moto
'Put People Last.' = Windows Divisions Moto - If they bothered what peeps wanted why stubbornly refuse to put the start button in there when its so requested by so many

Soda-88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
[citation][nom]rantoc[/nom]'Put People First.' = Mobile Divisions Moto'Put People Last.' = Windows Divisions Moto - If they bothered what peeps wanted why stubbornly refuse to put the start button in there when its so requested by so many[/citation]
You have social media on your Start Menu?

Hey MS, I love my windows phone, but you have no room to complain. Most great things about the phone were ideas from other companies, and now that you are starting to have a few good ideas other people are going to copy you.

Less complaining, more innovating.

sean1357

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012
Look at market share. WP is dying...dying.. No shit way to compete with others mobile iOS and Android. He can talk all the trash he can.

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
which up until this week commanded the smartphone market.

Clearly another well researched article given that Android still has a 51% market share to Apple's 39%. There's obviously no Apple bias here given that it really easy to make sure a tiny error.

becherovka

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
Rumor: Microsoft Cloning Google Glass Too for 2014
www.tomshardware.com/news/Google-Glass-Xbox-Kinect-Windows-8-iWAtch,21864.html
Well at least MS wouldn't copy.

Spooderman

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
[citation][nom]robertmaillet[/nom]If you think Rachel`s story is nice, , 3 weeks ago my aunties neighbour basically broght in $5518 workin twelve hour's a week from their apartment and the're co-worker's sister`s neighbour has been doing this for three months and got a cheque for more than $5518 in their spare time on their mac. apply the guide on this address, www.wiki34.com[/citation]
Why do all of these copypastas have terrible grammar? I mean, I understand the people posting them aren't too bright, but come on! Scammers these days are slacking off, and I'm disappointed.

raytseng

Honorable
May 15, 2012
[citation][nom]Spooderman[/nom]Why do all of these copypastas have terrible grammar? I mean, I understand the people posting them aren't too bright, but come on! Scammers these days are slacking off, and I'm disappointed.[/citation]

There was a research article on this about a year back, coincidentally by microsoft research.

Scammers/Spammers use bad spelling/bad grammar, farfetched plans, as a method to filter out and only hook the dumbest of the dumb responders.
If the deal was too plausible, they'd get too many hits from smart people, and too hard for them to complete the scam.

The ironic conclusion, is if everybody replied to spammers' asking for the next step (scambaiting, 419eater.com), the spammers would be so overwhelmed with responses that it would break their business model.

Spooderman

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
[citation][nom]raytseng[/nom]There was a research article on this about a year back, coincidentally by microsoft research. Scammers/Spammers use bad spelling/bad grammar, farfetched plans, as a method to filter out and only hook the dumbest of the dumb responders. If the deal was too plausible, they'd get too many hits from smart people, and too hard for them to complete the scam.The ironic conclusion, is if everybody replied to spammers' asking for the next step (scambaiting, 419eater.com), the spammers would be so overwhelmed with responses that it would break their business model.[/citation]
Hmmm...I see what you mean. I thought so myself, but it's still an interesting topic to do a study on. Only the stupidest people would click on them, so I guess that makes sense.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
"When we sat down with a blank sheet of paper and designed Windows Phone, we put three words on the wall to guide the team: 'Put People First.' Those three words were chosen around a pretty powerful but simple insight: People are more important than apps."

We already know the deal and have seen the results: Windows Phone 7 and 8. Like Windows 8, both use live tiles to put friends and family first.
LOL... more like MS stared at a blank sheet of paper for months without a single thought. MS project team DOES NOT put people first. When you go to Videos or music, its not your own files you see - but whatever crap they want to advertise in your face to buy or rent. That is NOT people first!

If YOU put people first, you wouldn't have this whole Win8 bullcrap. Metro for Phones and tablets works... Metro for desktop DOES NOT.

I like his comment

"Millions of Windows Phone owners have already discovered how great a phone can be when it’s designed this way, and they aren’t shy about telling their friends,"

I don't know anyone that prefers a Windows phone over a Android or iPhone for that mater. I know several that have returned Windows phones because they were disappointed with them. And no one, clients, friends, family has every recommended a Windows phone. These must be the same millions of customers that love Windows 8.

[citation][nom]littleleo[/nom]I don't know anyone that prefers a Windows phone over a Android or iPhone for that mater. I know several that have returned Windows phones because they were disappointed with them. And no one, clients, friends, family has every recommended a Windows phone. These must be the same millions of customers that love Windows 8.[/citation]

That's interesting as I'm finding that around where I live, its the opposite. Before I upgraded my phone a few weeks ago, I asked around and the main answer I got was that Windows Phone was superior to android and iOS. Many were even looking to get one as soon as they had an upgrade available. I ended up getting a Nokia Lumia 822 and love it. Its nice having everything I want right up front and the rest out of sight. (as a side note, I can't stand Windows 8 on desktops/laptops, it really is an OS meant for phones and tablets.)

royalcrown

Distinguished
Yeah, and WINDOWS and OSX are just copies of what Xerox did in the 70's, dos was just a copy of CPM...so I don't get his point. Oh yeah, and disc defregger was just software that was written by PC Tools and purchased by Microsoft. Let's not forget all their MSDN tools are relabled SYS internals progs. I mean if he wants to nit pick.

P.S. Disc compression.....STACKER

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
While I may consider a Windows phone when it's time for a new device, I can't imagine wanting a 'Facebook phone'. Ugh, I don't even have a Facebook account. Social media FTL.

Status
Not open for further replies.