Microsoft Fax Console (v. 5.1) problems

i'm having a really hard time getting my fax console on XP to work.
when i open it up, it says it's refreshing the inbox, but after maybe 2
minutes of refreshing, it says "all fax printers are inaccessible". if
it says that, not only does that mean i can't see my old recieved
faxes, it also means i can't recieve incoming faxes. i'm able to get
my old faxes back up every now and then by restarting the computer over
and over again, but ever since the blaster worm him, it's gotten bad.
then the sasser worm hit, and now it's even worse. i was able to fix
it by restarting the computer a two or three times to get it up and
running, but i can't even do that anymore. can anyone help me??
--
CirqueFreaque

Perhaps. You need to provide some real information first. List the steps
that produced this problem. State whether the Fax Program ever worked
correctly on your system. State whether SP1 has been applied to your
operating system.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"CirqueFreaque" <CirqueFreaque.176ymb@pcbanter.net> wrote in message
> i'm having a really hard time getting my fax console on XP to work.
> when i open it up, it says it's refreshing the inbox, but after maybe 2
> minutes of refreshing, it says "all fax printers are inaccessible". if
> it says that, not only does that mean i can't see my old recieved
> faxes, it also means i can't recieve incoming faxes. i'm able to get
> my old faxes back up every now and then by restarting the computer over
> and over again, but ever since the blaster worm him, it's gotten bad.
> then the sasser worm hit, and now it's even worse. i was able to fix
> it by restarting the computer a two or three times to get it up and
> running, but i can't even do that anymore. can anyone help me??
> --
> CirqueFreaque

what kind of real information are you talking about?

-i don't know what kinda steps i used to produce the problem, becuase i
wasn't aiming to screw it up, if it was my fault. but all i know is
that when i go to click the fax icon, it brings up the window, says
it's refreshing the inbox, and after about 2 minutes, it says "all fax
printers are inaccessible"

-the fax program worked just fine before both the Blaster and Sasser
worms hit the computer. it got much worse after the Sasser hit.

-i got the SP1 thing from microsoft.com, but it didn't do anything.

i know i was able to restart the computer over and over until it got
the inbox refreshed, but now i'm not able to do that. and if i'm not
able to get the inbox refreshed, i can't get any incoming faxes.

does that help?
--
CirqueFreaque

I don't think there's any way to help you. There's just no way to know what
your "recovery" from Blaster and Sasser did to your system, nor what that
recovery even entailed.
One thing's for sure. It toasted Fax. Many repair processes do. The only
documented fix is to apply SP1. If that doesn't fix it, there are no known
solutions as of yet.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]