News Microsoft Flight Sim Bugs Hint at Terrifying Alternate Earth

GenericUser

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2010
These problems are somewhat understandable, given the massive 150GB of data the game needs, though some Steam reviews are upset given that the long installation time makes it impossible to get any game time in underneath Steam’s two hour refund window.

I had to check what these Steam reviews said, since it's a 2 hour play time window within a 2 week ownership window for where you can still be eligible to receive a refund. I didn't see how you can burn through the 2 hour window just downloading the game when you aren't even playing it, but apparently you download a launcher that downloads the game. And of course, the launcher itself is the "game" in Steam, so just keeping that open for the download counts against your time.

Maybe most people like them, but I've never really been a fan of launchers for a variety of reasons.

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
Stupid boring game , I can understand fighting jets simulators with missions and dog fights and bombings and etc. but sitting there waiting to fly from airport to airport is utter waste of time.

Stupid boring game , I can understand fighting jets simulators with missions and dog fights and bombings and etc. but sitting there waiting to fly from airport to airport is utter waste of time.

And this is why you aren't a pilot. Those who are pilots (armchair and otherwise) might disagree. It's like saying you never dogged a car to see what it can do.

There's challenges to being a good pilot: System failures, bad weather, busy traffic patterns, weaving around high mountains to land on a small short runway. (Anchorage and Denver are good examples with short drop runways surrounded by mountains) Then there's stunt flying.

salgado18

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
You know, there's always the Ace Combat series for those who want action.
And some past air combat games are still good.
You don't actually have to play this one, really.