News Microsoft Flight Simulator Will Have VR Support

This is encouraging news and hopefully VR support comes for more platforms, and soon following the initial VR offerings. If I didn't already have a VR headset, I would certainly be much more curious about investing in a VR platform, but if MS is trying to force my hand to buy into a different VR platform this isn't going to work. The new simulator looks good and if it supports existing VR headsets like the one I already have, it's a day 1 download, but otherwise I'm still on the fence. I'm not a big fan of the arbitrary limiting of product support to try and drive markets.

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
If you're a serious flight sim enthusiast, you HAVE to play in VR. It's like actually being there! Plus, it's way cheaper than building your own hydraulically controlled cockpit.

Co BIY

Splendid
Ok just watched the trailer. I'm an old fan of Microsoft Flight. A simple simulator with good visuals (at least for the time).

I will be buying this and maybe building a computer just to run it because my current machine doesn't stand a chance of running it.

Minimum requirements
OSWindows 10 (v. 1909)
ProcessorIntel i5-4460, Ryzen 3 1200
GPUNVIDIA GTX 770, Radeon RX 570
Memory8 GB RAM, 2 GB VRAM

Small print -
*Performance scales with higher-end systems.

Pretty sure the graphics demonstrated in the trailers will max out a very high end system.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2020
Really looking forward to this release. The article is a bit misleading though on the various releases. The difference between the levels is the details on the airports mentioned. The basic version gets all airports worldwide (over 32,000), they just aren't enhanced like the named ones. This article (and most) make it sound as if you are limited to just the airports provided to you. That is true for the airplane models, but not the airports.