Microsoft front page 2003 and windows 7 ultimate issue

Raycrchjr

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013
when I try to ;og into my website using frontpage 2003 get the windows security warning asking for my user name and password. I enter them correctly and click ok. it just keeps popping up and asks for the user and password. I am also running a pc with xp home and I have no issues connecting to the site with frontpage 2003 using the same username and password.
On the winows 7 I turned off the firewall that wasnt it. I believe its something in windows 7. any ideas.

Solution
How about you MANUALLY type in the same username and password (not use autofields) when using the 'working XP HOME' and see if it still logs you in correctly. If it does then walk over to the W7 and do it exactly the same way. Did it still 'not work on W7'??

If so, then try logging into the actual website WITHOUT frontpage (say through IE) using the username and password on your XP Home then W7. Does it again work only on Xp but not W7?

If so then it may be simply they have restricted the MAC code of your XP only to do it, and you may need to see if they can include the W7 PC in the list of authorized systems.
How about you MANUALLY type in the same username and password (not use autofields) when using the 'working XP HOME' and see if it still logs you in correctly. If it does then walk over to the W7 and do it exactly the same way. Did it still 'not work on W7'??

If so, then try logging into the actual website WITHOUT frontpage (say through IE) using the username and password on your XP Home then W7. Does it again work only on Xp but not W7?

If so then it may be simply they have restricted the MAC code of your XP only to do it, and you may need to see if they can include the W7 PC in the list of authorized systems.

Solution