Microsoft Goes on the Offensive Against iPad in Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

opmopadop

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
Why these ads were not shown when the Win8 tablet was first released is beyond me. Oh well, better late than never.

They should have showed someone plugging an iPhone into the Win8 tablet to sync, with the iPad next to it getting punched or something.

none12345

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2013
I wouldn't buy either, but i must say well done microsoft.

I just have to say tho....TWO whole things? LIKE OMG, where back in the 90s instead of the 80s! Sure two apps at once is WAY better then just one, but its still a joke in this day and age.

Answer to video 1: If you are going to recruit someone, you should KNOW their rating, not need a tablet to figure it out. I doubt you would get any job saying: hey dont worry if i dont know it, ill ask my tablet!.

Answer to Video 2 and 3: Bluescreen, constant updates, terrible security measures, etc.

And i do still like WIndows more than Apple :D. I wonder how long till apple sues microsoft...

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
These are actually good ads... but wrong.

Baseball AD:
1 – None of the Win8 /WinRT tablets I know support 4G... so how would he be doing teleconferencing? Most baseball fields don't have WIFI...

2 – The stat info maybe on a pad or info provided by the player/coach. Also, any PRO scout would KNOW that information before he walked onto the field.

3 – A tablet doesn't make for a great telecommunications device... I've yet to see anyone do face to face with their phones. I've had that ability on my phone and my wife phone for a year... never used it.

4 – if that info on the Windows tablet wasn't up, he'd have to go to the start screen to launch it.

Video 2: Comparison

The iPad 4 totally destroys WinRT tablets in resolution and performance. Gaming horse power on the iPad 3 and 4 is way way above the RTs.

Lets talk about apps... nevermind..

Microsoft is in a fail dive... keep on diving!

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
@ excella : "Rofl, I'm an iPad owner and even I laughed at Apple after watching these commercials."
Really? I doubt it... if you actually used one of these tablets... you'd see that its BS...

They don't have the performance or the ability to do some of the things they just showed...

pacomac

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
So where is the USB lead plugged into the Dell in the printing example. The iPad uses AirPrint which I assume is why MA are taking at pot shot at Apple, but MS claimed they could print to nearly any printer, so where is the printer lead?

iamadev

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012

My Win8 machine prints over the network. Airprint isn't the only printing over Wifi solution.

rwinches

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
The best part is how the appleheads are so upset that MS is challenging. They never heard of a tablet using telecommunications. No other device could have Bluetooth 4.0 or use WiFi to communicate with other devices. My concern would be battery life, but newer APU's and Soc's are getting more efficient. These ads are not about RT so a tremendous amount of apps/programs are available. Android tabs are getting better every day too. Let's not forget Linux on tab's. Apple stuff does lead in cool attachable thirdparty gizmos, and the most expensive thirdparty accessories like cases and screen protectors.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
I'm not sure having a tablet with 4G would be worth it, I would rather tether to my phone and not have to sign up to 2 data plans. Also can't wait till Apple does an update to have the same 2 or 3 apps simultaneous as Win 8, then Windows just switches to Desktop mode and has a couple of dozen. MS has merely 1upped Apple with what Windows does at it's least, if Windows really flexes its muscles iOS can't get within 10 country miles.

CKKwan

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2010
Oh Dear MS, Tablet is not about Multitask like a desktop. Multitasking is cool, please bring more apps to the platform and you will rock..... Besides, please don't tell me that I have to pay for a separate windows licensing fee.

halcyon

Splendid

It's a luxury. I use my Note 8.0 for RDP and VNC and its quite convenient to have access to AT&T's quick network built in. Could I tether? Yeah? Could I use my job-issued MiFi? Yeah? ...but I like my Note 8.0 being capable AND independent.

Blazer1985

Honorable
May 21, 2012
Belardo, it is evident that you have no idea of what you are talking about.
The only things that I would like to correct are the followings:
Asus avivo rt has 3g
The only thing you got right is that iPad 3-4 have a better gpu.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
@ excella : "Rofl, I'm an iPad owner and even I laughed at Apple after watching these commercials."
Really? I doubt it... if you actually used one of these tablets... you'd see that its BS...

They don't have the performance or the ability to do some of the things they just showed...

kungpaoshizi

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012
@belardo
Sir, your attempt at sounding intelligent has failed.

You say:
"Baseball AD:
1 – None of the Win8 /WinRT tablets I know support 4G... so how would he be doing teleconferencing? Most baseball fields don't have WIFI..."

Uhh, did you know about those new "cellular telephone" things?
They're actually pretty popular now AND are connected to that "Internet" thing, and suprisingly enough, they "talk" to your computer...
Think before you speak.
I'll just ignore the other comments since you failed so bad with the first.

Status
Not open for further replies.