Microsoft Has Increased Xbox One's GPU Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

emad_ramlawi

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011
Wow back when it was 800Mhz i was reluctant, but now that its 853 MHz, i am confident, now i will purchase an HD 7950, cause consoles suck and stuck...

Spooderman

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
I have the same rumored GPU as the Xbox One (HD 7790) and it's overclocked to 1075 MHz. I'd like to see if they can get it that high.

KelvinTy

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2011
Does it have a life expectancy of a xbox 360? Or could it spit fire? Whine like a turbine?
Questions kept building up day after day.
Stick to PC gaming, this is where it should be.

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
The PC Gaming comments on for this discussion is completely off base. Honestly, if you are addicted to playing games only on your PC of course a console system is not going to be impressive for you. In the end you are just wasting other people's time who do want to see the next generation gaming console.

andruszko

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
After all the overheating problems with the Xbox 360 (not to mention that original xbox's had cooling issues for a bit too) the last thing Microsoft should be telling anyone is that they essentially overclocked the GPU.

IndignantSkeptic

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
Apple's logic that having one button on their mouse makes it simpler and therefore simpler to use, was as intelligent as saying that if we had one arm and one finger and no legs, our life would be much simpler. This is why Apple needs to fail so we can prevent a crime against humanity.

CrispySilicon

Distinguished
May 13, 2006
Personally, I'm really loving how all the sites keep requoting Carmack.

"same capabilities" does NOT equal "same performance".

They can handle the same instructions. Whoopdy doo.

But boy, this 5% clock boost should really close the gap!

*insert further sarcasm here*

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
My favorite part of the podcast was where Xbone continued to flail helplessly trying just to keep up with ps4. This system was so poorly conceived, you cannot be changing things a few months before release. Not a PS fan either, but it is what it is.

bee144

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2009

If I was admin your account would be banned for stupid comments like this one.

stevejnb

Honorable
May 6, 2013
NES vs Sega Master System? Genesis had more power, NES far outsold it. SNES VS Sega Genesis? Genesis had more power, SNES outsold it. N64 vs Playstation? N64 had more power, Playstation far outsold it. PS2 VS Gamecube VS XBOX, not only did the PS2 outsell its more powerful competitors, it also is widely heralded as the best console ever. PS3 VS XBOX 360 VS Wii, the weakest of the three far outsold its stronger competitors and the most powerful PS3 only managed to tie its competitor, which didn't have a name with a pedigree like Playstation.

Take it for what it's worth, but all of you people who are sitting there having orgasms over incremental performance differences between the XBOX and PS4 hardware really are out of touch with how little hardware power has factored into deciding each generation.

stevejnb

Honorable
May 6, 2013
NES vs Sega Master System? Genesis had more power, NES far outsold it. SNES VS Sega Genesis? Genesis had more power, SNES outsold it. N64 vs Playstation? N64 had more power, Playstation far outsold it. PS2 VS Gamecube VS XBOX, not only did the PS2 outsell its more powerful competitors, it also is widely heralded as the best console ever. PS3 VS XBOX 360 VS Wii, the weakest of the three far outsold its stronger competitors and the most powerful PS3 only managed to tie its competitor, which didn't have a name with a pedigree like Playstation.

Take it for what it's worth, but all of you people who are sitting there having orgasms over incremental performance differences between the XBOX and PS4 hardware really are out of touch with how little hardware power has factored into deciding each generation.

hardcore_player

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2011
i still have my original Xbox and it is still working perfectly i never had any issues with it .
I bought 4 360s my last one died a week ago , i hope the X-one will not have any heat problems.

HyperionLight

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013
It’s funny how someone so renowned for his vision can’t see that the only thing to really differentiate the consoles is the kinect and the even more funny thing is that he’s supporting the oculus rift, but not something that could be used instead of the inadequate Razer Hydra for (way better) skeletal tracking.

Yes the latency is an issue, but the latency in the new kinect is way lower than what it was in the original.

A quote from here

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2013/05/xbox-one/

“It’s essentially like turning each pixel of the custom-designed CMOS sensor into a radar gun, which allows for unprecedented responsiveness. The original sensor mapped people in a room using “structured light”: It would send out infrared light, then measure deformities in the room’s surfaces to generate a 3-D depth map. However, that depth map was lo-res to the degree that clothing and couch cushions were often indistinguishable. The new model sends out a modulated beam of infrared light, then measures the time it takes for each photon to return. It’s called time-of-flight technology, and it’s essentially like turning each pixel of the custom-designed CMOS sensor into a radar gun, which allows for unprecedented responsiveness—even in a completely dark room.”

And if we want to talk about grief how about we go and RAGE about something else instead.

bluestar2k11

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
53Mhz huh?

Hmm..

I could get 53mhz out of my 660Ti I bet, but doesn't mean I should do it, 53mhz, I might gain 3-4 Frames per second. I'm guessing a console might get 5-6 with reduced latency in the software overlay? Maybe 6-7 since it's an on-die gpu. Ohhh boy! Watch out playstation!

Yep, that's totally going to help the xbox win it all.

HyperionLight

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013

You don’t trust Microsoft? Well that’s understandable.

But the whole RROD thing?

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9026340/Xbox_360_red_ring_of_death_costs_Microsoft_more_than_1B

So to me it seems they don’t want the same to happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.