Microsoft Hololens Demos Impress On The Build 2015 Stage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 5, 2013
I think this device has got to be the most exciting thing shown off this year, it has such potential and I really hope it's as good as it seems. If I can project a massive screen onto any wall and use it as effectively a PC/TV then that alone will basically sell me on the device.

XaveT

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2013
I'm going to apologize in advance for this. I'm a programmer by profession, so my immediate reaction to the MS Hololens was "this is a neat idea. I wonder how the public will mess it up?".

Honestly, if this takes off, I'm interested in what innovative and terrible malware there will be developed for it. My initial fear was making things that aren't there. People, monsters, cars, walls, bridges, etc. Then I thought "what about just changing things that are there?". Change an oncoming car to an oncoming squirrel, maybe move a chair 3 feet so the person sits on thin air, etc.

I'm only half kidding. I wonder if MS has something in it that can thwart stuff like that?

agnickolov

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
A coworker managed to get one of the limited slots to experience it directly. He said it basically feels just like what we saw projected during the keynote.

Brian_R170

Honorable
Jun 24, 2014
Unfortunately, we don't know much at all about the Hololens hardware itself, and we have many questions about it. Microsoft said that Hololens has CPU and GPU, but also a Holographic Processing Unit (HPU).

Several websites reported back in January that it was powered by an Intel Cherry Trail SoC. At the time, it was an unreleased chip, but we now know that the Atom x7 in the Surface 3 is a Cherry Trail.

Status
Not open for further replies.